The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the X1D ????

tcdeveau

B&H must not be getting them. I ordered one on 9/25/2016 and a second one on 1/29/2017 and haven't received either one. I received my latest "Backorder Status" message this morning.

:banghead: :angry: :cussing: :wtf:

Joe
I preemptively placed an order for a couple of batteries a month ago at B&H (thinking I'd place another order for the X1D next month) and it still just says "processing"

rmatthews

Batteries have to be shipped by sea rather than air. Same thing is happening with the Leica M10 batteries that are now readily available in Europe but still no sign of them in US

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Received my M10 batteries from BH last week ..ordered asap. Issue as noted is that they shipped from europe to all dealers at same time ...except USA batteries have to go by ship . BH had to include a release authorization to mail my two batteries to me..

What happened to the 30,000 orders for the X1D ..BH was reporting it IN STOCK yesterday . Time to call BULLSHIT on the 30,000 order number ! :wtf:

tashley

Subscriber Member
B&H must not be getting them. I ordered one on 9/25/2016 and a second one on 1/29/2017 and haven't received either one. I received my latest "Backorder Status" message this morning.

:banghead: :angry: :cussing: :wtf:

Joe

Really irritating, sorry to hear that: at least one spare is vital given that there's no cigar socket charger and that the battery life is, ehem, modest....

tbullock

Really irritating, sorry to hear that: at least one spare is vital given that there's no cigar socket charger and that the battery life is, ehem, modest....
Definitely irritating.

For remote charging I'm half considering trying this. If it doesn't wreck the battery, it would allow recharging from any USB source including power banks and let me leave the wall brick at home. With a few dc cord adapters, and perhaps some encouragement from someone better versed in lithium charging, I'll be able to give it a try.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Definitely irritating.

For remote charging I'm half considering trying this. If it doesn't wreck the battery, it would allow recharging from any USB source including power banks and let me leave the wall brick at home. With a few dc cord adapters, and perhaps some encouragement from someone better versed in lithium charging, I'll be able to give it a try.
Rather you than me! Let us know how you get one - at least you'll win the bravery award!

Godfrey

What happened to the 30,000 orders for the X1D ..BH was reporting it IN STOCK yesterday . Time to call BULLSHIT on the 30,000 order number ! :wtf:
So great: The camera that everyone waited so long for is finally out in many users hands, to lots of accolades, while some folks are still having difficulty getting one. And all you want to do is call "bullshit" on Hasselblad because B&H Photo happens to have a couple in stock.

Sheesh.

G

jduncan

Received my M10 batteries from BH last week ..ordered asap. Issue as noted is that they shipped from europe to all dealers at same time ...except USA batteries have to go by ship . BH had to include a release authorization to mail my two batteries to me..

Hi,

I don't understand your point. Do you have a source for the 30K orders?
Also B&H don't have it in stock any longer. The are offering the stock alert.
The camera is also mark as a top seller.
I am not saying you are not right, just that I don't get how B&H having a couple of cameras for less than a day shows that the 30K figure is false.

Best regards,

tbullock

For anyone interested and somewhat brave, I've come across these options so far. You just have to get the plug of each down to (I believe) a 2.5x0.7mm, and of course confirm that they won't blow the battery up:

Smart DC Charger For any 7.4V Li-ion Battery Pack

Battery Car Charger

5V USB Charger Module for 2S 7.4V Lithium Li-ion Battery Cell 8.4V

hcubell

my understanding from BH is that the X1D bodies are still backordered, but hey, Roger, why let the facts get in the way of a diatribe.

rmatthews

so I've heard mine is arriving on Monday or Tuesday. I'm hoping I can get a Nissin i60A Nikon fit flash to work on it either with or without the Air Commander..I have my suspicions though so I've ordered the smallest Nikon flash as well to keep me going until I can get that figured out.

I also spoke to Hasselblad UK today (lovely lady) and their expectation is that the 60mm will be out before the end of the year and the 120mm Macro should hit stores in June, they have had it in hand and it is "unexpectedly small"

tcdeveau

so I've heard mine is arriving on Monday or Tuesday. I'm hoping I can get a Nissin i60A Nikon fit flash to work on it either with or without the Air Commander..I have my suspicions though so I've ordered the smallest Nikon flash as well to keep me going until I can get that figured out.

I also spoke to Hasselblad UK today (lovely lady) and their expectation is that the 60mm will be out before the end of the year and the 120mm Macro should hit stores in June, they have had it in hand and it is "unexpectedly small"
I'm assuming you're talking about the 60mm, but By "unexpectedly small", are you referring to the 60mm or the 120mm?