The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the X1D ????

BANKER1

A bit of info for those in the US

X1D, H6D-50c & H6D-100c are in stock at dealers nationwide
H lenses, XCD 45 & XCD 90 should also be in stock nationwide, XCD 30's are shipping, but slowly
4116 units should be shipping again very soon.

I hope this helps answer a few questions on product availability.
Steve,

It would be great to know approximately when the XH lens adapter and X1D batteries will be available.

SteveG

Steve,

It would be great to know approximately when the XH lens adapter and X1D batteries will be available.
I wish I had a better answer for everyone on the XH Adapter, however I do not have any firm time frame to give you.

Regarding batteries in the US- this week we shipped a very large number of batteries to the dealer channel in the US.
I know that in my territory, every dealer that I have was sent batteries this week.

I will try to keep you up to date on the XH Adapter as I receive additional information.

Last edited:

SteveG

Thank you for the info Steve, I really appreciate it

I placed my 4116 order at Adorama in November
and I am still waiting:(:(
It's really discouraging for me not to have a clear estimation.
I was told a while ago by the Adorama rep. that I am in the top on their list but that they don't have a date... Apparently the buyer (is that you?)said that it will be soon!
I wondering what you mean with the term "soon" ....days,weeks or months away??

Thank you
Best regards
Ettore
Ettore,

I am not a buyer, and cannot speak for what Adorama was told as they are not my dealer.

I am told that we expect a small quantity of 4116 units this week in the US and that hopefully this will be the start of more "regular" deliveries on the 4116 model.

etto72

Ettore,

I am not a buyer, and cannot speak for what Adorama was told as they are not my dealer.

I am told that we expect a small quantity of 4116 units this week in the US and that hopefully this will be the start of more "regular" deliveries on the 4116 model.
Thanks again for your reply! Really kind of you
Any reason why the 4116 model shipments are so limited compared to the siver one?

Last edited:

rent

I think a shipment of X1D batteries has just arrived state-side.

Precision Camera in Austin, TX has 4 in stock at the moment. Call and ask for Sarah in their online sales department.

Other dealers may have them as well.

Alex

tcdeveau

Precision Camera in Austin, TX has 4 in stock at the moment. Call and ask for Sarah in their online sales department.

Alex
You must be right. Ace Photo in Virginia also has them in stock at the moment (Hasselblad H-3054752 Rechargeable Battery for X1D-50 - Ace Photo). I just ordered 2 :thumbs: No word yet on my other order of 2 from BH that I placed back in early Feb though. The Billingham bag for the X1D is also in stock in the US now, although it seems it's just a rebranded Billingham Hadley bag for a $100 upcharge. Now about that XH adapter.....

etto72

Alex
Thanks Alex
Got 2 of them
....even tough I still waiting for my X1D 4116 :cry::cry::banghead::cry:

sog1927

So great: The camera that everyone waited so long for is finally out in many users hands, to lots of accolades, while some folks are still having difficulty getting one. And all you want to do is call "bullshit" on Hasselblad because B&H Photo happens to have a couple in stock.

Sheesh.

G
Heck, I'd be happy with a reply to the demo request I made the day of the announcement. :rolleyes:

tcdeveau

Heck, I'd be happy with a reply to the demo request I made the day of the announcement. :rolleyes:
I'd email one of the Hasselblad reps directly (or contact a dealer directly if there's one in your area). If you're in the US, you can google "Hasselblad CPO", and at the bottom of the document there's contact info for various reps for various regions in the US. It appears that Hasselblad may have done some restructuring with their reps in the US (which would affect demos) because the rep I was in contact with at the time of the announcement is no longer listed as a rep on the CPO page and I have not heard from him in months.

SteveG

I'd email one of the Hasselblad reps directly (or contact a dealer directly if there's one in your area). If you're in the US, you can google "Hasselblad CPO", and at the bottom of the document there's contact info for various reps for various regions in the US. It appears that Hasselblad may have done some restructuring with their reps in the US (which would affect demos) because the rep I was in contact with at the time of the announcement is no longer listed as a rep on the CPO page and I have not heard from him in months.
We have restructured some of the US territories, feel free to reach out to me and I will put you in touch with the correct person for your geographic location.

-Steve

masud

Alex
I also picked up two batteries from them. Thank you, Alex!

etto72

I placed an order on the 4116 edition of the X1D as soon came up at Adorama and in their website it says that the camera will ship from Sweden on October 25th
On B&H Photo it appears shipping on December 1st!!
I have checked several interviews with Hasselblad rep. done at Photokina and they all say shipping in October
Phocus 3.1 was just released and the user manual came up last week
Does any of you got any further info?
It drives me crazy not to know anything:mad:
Thanks and cheers
E

Where is the X1D????

Its here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

IMG_1663.jpg

I would like to thank everyone in this forum that joined this post which made this never-ending wait way less painful :)

I love this camera!!!!!!
Here a few shots
EmptyName 2.jpg

EmptyName 3.jpg

EmptyName.jpg

Best to all
Ettore

jduncan

Where is the X1D????

Its here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

View attachment 126740

I would like to thank everyone in this forum that joined this post which made this never-ending wait way less painful :)

I love this camera!!!!!!
Here a few shots
View attachment 126743

View attachment 126742

View attachment 126741

Best to all
Ettore
Hi,

I am glad that you got your camera.
Can you imagine if Hasseblad has dilibered on time, long before the Fuji?
They, likely, will never have an oportunity like this again. They could have moved from a minor boutique company to a company proper. They did not believe enought in the product and they don't have time machines. With DJI backup I hope the company will continue to grow and the buyers of both the X1D and the H6D will get a proper update.
I will wait for the end of the year before commiting. Nikon never recover from the D600 mistake. I will see if Hasselblad can.

Enjoy your camera a lot, post a ton of pictures ;)

Best regards,

abed

That's great news Ettore!! :clap::thumbs: You have been among the most patient of those who pre-ordered. I admire your persistence.

Enjoy the camera and post some photos in the "Fun with MF Images" thread. We need X1D representation.

Joe
New to this forum, hello to all. I wonder if others have also received the X1D 4116? Or Ettore is the only lucky one.
I have ordered mine in France, and was promised delivery this month after several other promises ...

abed

I'm aware of several on this forum, including me, who have received the 4116. All of those are in the US however. It's a beautiful camera!

Joe
Thanks Joe.
It seems there were a number delivered few weeks back, then nothing. Have you received yours recently?

pflower

Well I have had my (boring) silver version for a couple of months. But what I really want to know is Where Is the X1D/H Lens Adapter? I can understand that getting Autofocus to work could delay things, but surely a manual focus only adapter at a reasonable price (which in my view is indeed the listed price) shouldn't be so difficult to manufacture and get out into the world - it is now nearly 11 months since the initial announcement. Anyone heard anything about it?

Thanks Joe.
It seems there were a number delivered few weeks back, then nothing. Have you received yours recently?

BANKER1

Well I have had my (boring) silver version for a couple of months. But what I really want to know is Where Is the X1D/H Lens Adapter? I can understand that getting Autofocus to work could delay things, but surely a manual focus only adapter at a reasonable price (which in my view is indeed the listed price) shouldn't be so difficult to manufacture and get out into the world - it is now nearly 11 months since the initial announcement. Anyone heard anything about it?
I asked Steve Goldsmith (Hasselblad representative) directly about the XH lens adapter, and he was not able to give me an answer. Hasselblad's achilles heel seems to be the total blackout of information coming from them. It is totally frustrating. If they said it would be a month or two or even 90 days, we might understand. For me, it is disrespectful to totally ignore the thousands who have already received X1Ds. We all understand that Hasselblad is a very small company, but information costs nothing. It seems to me that they are saying, "I'll tell you when I feel like it." or "You'll get it when I'm good and ready." Most likely they are trying to have AF on release, but your point is well taken. Given all this, I do appreciate them getting the X1D as good as they did before release, because it is a great camera with solid firmware. However, a sentence or two from them would have been appreciated as we waited very patiently.

Greg

jduncan

I asked Steve Goldsmith (Hasselblad representative) directly about the XH lens adapter, and he was not able to give me an answer. Hasselblad's Achilles heel seems to be the total blackout of information coming from them. It is totally frustrating. If they said it would be a month or two or even 90 days, we might understand. For me, it is disrespectful to totally ignore the thousands who have already received X1Ds. We all understand that Hasselblad is a very small company, but information costs nothing. It seems to me that they are saying, "I'll tell you when I feel like it." or "You'll get it when I'm good and ready." Most likely they are trying to have AF on release, but your point is well taken. Given all this, I do appreciate them getting the X1D as good as they did before release because it is a great camera with solid firmware. However, a sentence or two from them would have been appreciated as we waited very patiently.

Greg
Fully agree their communication skill are abysmal, and this is coming from me and I am no good at it. The good part is that "abysmal" is far better than what they were before.
They could say: "we are finalizing and testing the autofocus, we don't have an ETA now". People will understand and decide if they want to reach a petition to have it release without autofocus. But as I say they are improving, users need to continue asking and continue demanding better communication.

Best regards,