The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the X1D ????

hcubell

I asked Steve Goldsmith (Hasselblad representative) directly about the XH lens adapter, and he was not able to give me an answer. Hasselblad's achilles heel seems to be the total blackout of information coming from them. It is totally frustrating. If they said it would be a month or two or even 90 days, we might understand. For me, it is disrespectful to totally ignore the thousands who have already received X1Ds. We all understand that Hasselblad is a very small company, but information costs nothing. It seems to me that they are saying, "I'll tell you when I feel like it." or "You'll get it when I'm good and ready." Most likely they are trying to have AF on release, but your point is well taken. Given all this, I do appreciate them getting the X1D as good as they did before release, because it is a great camera with solid firmware. However, a sentence or two from them would have been appreciated as we waited very patiently.

Greg
Greg, I agree. I would suggest that you email Ming Thein about the "communication" issues. As the new Chief of Strategy for Hasselblad, I am sure he would care about the sense of frustration. The other camera manufacturers are really no better when it comes to these kinds of issues, but that's no excuse.

tcdeveau

Well I just got in an order for the XH adapter and 30mm XCD lens. I'll guess they'll get here....sometime. I don't need them at the moment and I'm not too eager for the CC charge to hit for the 30mm so I'm ok with the delay for now.

satijntje

Latest news from an official HB source

GPS modules will be shipped still in May.
XH Adapter is coming in June. Most H lenses after 2011 will AF

XCD 120mm Macro f3.5: available for delivery September 2017 (demo versions available in June/July 2017)
XCD 35-75 zoom and XCD 22 and XCD 65 (f2.8): Demo versions will be available for testing in November/December 2017, delivery early 2018

Let's cross fingers that this schedule will be met.
John

jduncan

Latest news from an official HB source

GPS modules will be shipped still in May.
XH Adapter is coming in June. Most H lenses after 2011 will AF

XCD 120mm Macro f3.5: available for delivery September 2017 (demo versions available in June/July 2017)
XCD 35-75 zoom and XCD 22 and XCD 65 (f2.8): Demo versions will be available for testing in November/December 2017, delivery early 2018

Let's cross fingers that this schedule will be met.
John
I hope that they deliver the 120mm on time. They say June, I hope that they release in June. If they are going to be that late, this will mean that they continue with problems.

"https://petapixel.com/2017/02/28/hasselblad-announces-4-new-lenses-mirrorless-x1d-3-primes-1-zoom/"

PeterA

I'm in the US on business and had a few hours to spare in NY so I visited B&H and ended up buying an XID with a 45. A bit busy right now but I have been happy snapping here and there in San Fran and Philly - trying to get used to the camera in hand. It felt better in hand than the Fugi - which is the only reason I decided to plonk some hard earned on a whimsy....

It feels as nice in hand as my Leica Ms and SL...so that is a positive. The autofocus is typical MF crapola as far as speed goes and the menu system will take some reading - but a pretty simple camera to hold and use for shots when I get back to Oz - oh teh viewfinder was a pleasant surprise nto too bad really not SL quality but as good as any other mirrorless system going around.

I guess the most disconcertign thing for me so far is the clicks the lens and shutter make in taking a shot....lol

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I guess the most disconcertign thing for me so far is the clicks the lens and shutter make in taking a shot....lol
At bit embarrassing ... like the small waif in the back of the class who had a severe stutter of speech.

Always wanted to help ....

Bob

PeterA

At bit embarrassing ... like the small waif in the back of the class who had a severe stutter of speech.

Always wanted to help ....

Bob
haha - which was always the wrong thing to do...

btw some nice shots from you in canon forum..

hcubell

I'm in the US on business and had a few hours to spare in NY so I visited B&H and ended up buying an XID with a 45. A bit busy right now but I have been happy snapping here and there in San Fran and Philly - trying to get used to the camera in hand. It felt better in hand than the Fugi - which is the only reason I decided to plonk some hard earned on a whimsy....

It feels as nice in hand as my Leica Ms and SL...so that is a positive. The autofocus is typical MF crapola as far as speed goes and the menu system will take some reading - but a pretty simple camera to hold and use for shots when I get back to Oz - oh teh viewfinder was a pleasant surprise nto too bad really not SL quality but as good as any other mirrorless system going around.

The key thing is to understand that there is really very little shutter lag. Because of the sequnce of clicks when you depress the shutter, there is an illusion of shutter lag, but the delay between the shutter being depressed and the exposure actually being made is roughly the same as a Leica M, and quicker than a Hasselblad H6D. The X1D is not a camera to carry in a holster for quick draw photography, but I am sure you knew that going in.
Btw, the "clickiness" of the leaf shutter seems more pronounced with the 45 than the 30mm or the 90mm lens for some reason.

hcubell

I hope that they deliver the 120mm on time. They say June, I hope that they release in June. If they are going to be that late, this will mean that they continue with problems.

"https://petapixel.com/2017/02/28/hasselblad-announces-4-new-lenses-mirrorless-x1d-3-primes-1-zoom/"
I hate the delays as well, but I try to keep it in perspective. My understanding is that Hasselblad is actually doing a better job rolling out the lenses for the X1D that it did rolling out the lenses for the H1 system. The reality is that they do not have the resources that Fuji has, and things will take time. More significantly, I do think that Hasselblad has a clear vision of where it wants to take the X1D system, and I personally like that vision.

PeterA

The key thing is to understand that there is really very little shutter lag. Because of the sequnce of clicks when you depress the shutter, there is an illusion of shutter lag, but the delay between the shutter being depressed and the exposure actually being made is roughly the same as a Leica M, and quicker than a Hasselblad H6D. The X1D is not a camera to carry in a holster for quick draw photography, but I am sure you knew that going in.
Btw, the "clickiness" of the leaf shutter seems more pronounced with the 45 than the 30mm or the 90mm lens for some reason.
Much appreciated comment Hucbell...the clicks combined with blackout had me thinking about lag...I'll post some shots soon enough.

cheers
pete

KeithL

...The X1D is not a camera to carry in a holster for quick draw photography, but I am sure you knew that going in...
The great pity is it could have been.

I've printed off this quote and stuck it to my wall. Whenever I'm tempted to buy it will be there to guide me.

hcubell

The great pity is it could have been.

I've printed off this quote and stuck it to my wall. Whenever I'm tempted to buy it will be there to guide me.
It is a great honor to know that my words occupy such an exalted position in the Laban Manor. [G]

D&A

Thanks G, my wait is finally end :)
Beautiful and congrats....but wait, what about your reputation? Its not silver/chrome!...LOL! Maybe a can of spray paint? :)

(Of course all said in good fun and my admiration for your lovely collection of silver chrome cameras and lenses).

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

rayyen

Hahah... you know me well Dave.
But it's hard to resists the force of the dark side, hahaha...

Beautiful and congrats....but wait, what about your reputation? Its not silver/chrome!...LOL! Maybe a can of spray paint? :)

(Of course all said in good fun and my admiration for your lovely collection of silver chrome cameras and lenses).

Dave (D&A)