The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the X1D ????

Latest news from an official HB source

GPS modules will be shipped still in May.
XH Adapter is coming in June. Most H lenses after 2011 will AF

XCD 120mm Macro f3.5: available for delivery September 2017 (demo versions available in June/July 2017)
XCD 35-75 zoom and XCD 22 and XCD 65 (f2.8): Demo versions will be available for testing in November/December 2017, delivery early 2018

Let's cross fingers that this schedule will be met.
John
That's June 2017, not 2018 for the XH Adapter, right??? :banghead:

tcdeveau

I just received a shipment notification from Hasselblad Bron...no idea what it is but I assume it's the X1D GPS module. Scheduled delivery is Friday so I guess I'll find out soon enough...

bcambern

I just received a shipment notification from Hasselblad Bron...no idea what it is but I assume it's the X1D GPS module. Scheduled delivery is Friday so I guess I'll find out soon enough...
I got the same notification and was for a moment excited that perhaps my XH Adapter was shipping...then I realized that it will be coming from the camera store where I ordered it, not directly from Hasselblad. Oh well...:banghead::)

tcdeveau

I got the same notification and was for a moment excited that perhaps my XH Adapter was shipping...then I realized that it will be coming from the camera store where I ordered it, not directly from Hasselblad. Oh well...:banghead::)
Me too. Sigh. Oh well, better than nothing

rayyen

Just back from Japan after a week holiday with the new 4116 & M10.
Share some photos here taken by me with 4116 and by my wife with M10.

Ray

夢の吊り橋
Yume no Tsuribashi Suspension Bridge
4116 + XCD45mm

BANKER1

白糸の滝
Shiraito Falls

4116, XCD90mm, 4 stitch into 1
Rayyen,

Oh, wow, wow, wow. All the above images are absolutely stunning. What a wonderful set of photos. Some photographers go a lifetime without a set like that. But, I am a little jealous.

Greg

rent

My X1D, along with its elder sibling, were at Grimes Canyon this past weekend. ISO 100, f/4.0, 256 sec x 6 exposures.

I note the following observations:

1) Battery drain was better than expected. I shot about 75 frames within 2 hours. About 25 frames were long exposures > 1 minute. Still had 1/3 battery charge left when all said and done.

2) Didn't encounter any errors / restarts. I suppose it's kind of hilarious that I'm explicitly pointing out not having encountered any errors during a fairly routine operation of a $13k rig as a cause for celebration. :p

3) Disappointed with the Phocus iPhone app. It's pretty crude actually. For long exposures, if triggered from Phocus, there was no telling of how long it's been. I was so fed up and ended up with just pressing the shutter button on the camera for the 4-minute exposures. And guess what, if you do that, the screen does display a nice count-down timer. I had thought a physical cable release would not be necessary -- I could just use the Phocus app. But I admit I was wrong. Definitely need cable release.

4) Forget about manually focusing after sundown. The image was so grainy it's just not possible. I pre-focused and didn't run out of battery so it wasn't an issue this time. But there needs to be a way to save / retrieve a pre-set focus point after swapping batteries. Otherwise the X1D would be useless for any significant amount of night work.

5) The resulting image files! They are just so incredibly smooth and malleable! For all the inconveniences, the results are certainly worth it. There is so much DR to push and pull these files. I am extremely happy.

Alex

View attachment 127253

View attachment 127254

rayyen

Rayyen,

Oh, wow, wow, wow. All the above images are absolutely stunning. What a wonderful set of photos. Some photographers go a lifetime without a set like that. But, I am a little jealous.

Greg
Thanks Greg. Too little time to shoot, too busy at work.

Eli

Re: Minor Firmware Upgrade Available

Just for your info, there is a minor firmware upgrade for our beloved X1D, which supposedly fixes the "no card" issue (and perhaps some others?), available on the Hasselblad site.

Eli

rayyen

Re: Minor Firmware Upgrade Available

firmware update done.
didn't really notice any significant difference... hahaha...
Thanks for sharing :D

Just for your info, there is a minor firmware upgrade for our beloved X1D, which supposedly fixes the "no card" issue (and perhaps some others?), available on the Hasselblad site.

Eli

abed

Got my X1D 4116 today in Paris

Rainy day, just a few picts one block around the Hassy store. Nothing to write home about...B0000029-H-H-2.jpgB0000034-H-H.jpgB0000040-H-H-2.jpgB0000013-H-H.jpg