The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

XF Feature Update #3 Help Updating Camera

Junk Bond

Hey All,

Tried updating my XF last night. The file I downloaded from Phases website is CP3.01.11.fwp. My XF and IQ140 are all up to date. I've tried multiple times loading the .fwp file onto my card and I keep getting the no firmware found error. Any thoughts? Is that the correct file? Thanks

ejpeiker

Hey All,

Tried updating my XF last night. The file I downloaded from Phases website is CP3.01.11.fwp. My XF and IQ140 are all up to date. I've tried multiple times loading the .fwp file onto my card and I keep getting the no firmware found error. Any thoughts? Is that the correct file? Thanks
Are you placing the cp3.01.11.fwp file, not the folder it downloaded but the actual file within the folder, into the root of your flash card. It can not be inside any folder on the card. It must be in the root. Then it's just a matter of putting the card in the camera, going to firmware in the menu and updating.

Since it downloads in a ZIP folder, some older OS's require you to Extract or Unzip that folder first to get the uncompressed real file.

Junk Bond

Are you placing the cp3.01.11.fwp file, not the folder it downloaded but the actual file within the folder, into the root of your flash card. It can not be inside any folder on the card. It must be in the root. Then it's just a matter of putting the card in the camera, going to firmware in the menu and updating.

Since it downloads in a ZIP folder, some older OS's require you to Extract or Unzip that folder first to get the uncompressed real file.

I figured it out...I kept going through the XF menu on the back and trying to update when I should have scrolled further down and updated the back via the backs firmware update...if that make sense. Either way it works. Thanks!

ejpeiker

I figured it out...I kept going through the XF menu on the back and trying to update when I should have scrolled further down and updated the back via the backs firmware update...if that make sense. Either way it works. Thanks!
Yes! You initiate the update on the IQ, not on the XF :)