The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tether a P45+ with OWC's new Thunderbolt 3 dock?

jerome_m

Another option would be to use the TB3 to TB2 adapter sold by Apple and then the TB2 to firewire adapter. I do not know whether it works, but it should.

Paul2660

I don't think the P 45+ ever had any liveview options did it? Even tethered.

You could shoot and then view the captured image at 100% on the MacBook. But I don't remember any liveview option on ant of the P + backs. Only the IQ series.

Paul Caldwell

vjbelle

There never was liveview for the P45 series. Paul is correct in that the IQ series was the first to implement liveview. However, even tethered the live view of the CCD versions is crude at best. Only the CMOS backs have what I would consider to be 'real' and usable live view.

Victor

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Some P45 (non plus) and all P45+ and all other P+ backs had live view when tethered. It was CCD live view so not very fast refresh and only worked well in a narrow range of illumination.

Jan

Some P45 (non plus) and all P45+ and all other P+ backs had live view when tethered. It was CCD live view so not very fast refresh and only worked well in a narrow range of illumination.
That's correct. The keyword is 'tethered'. in normal shooting mode there is no live view.