The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SK 35mm f3.5 LS - Filters

chbenard

Just wondering if anyone knows what are the current options for filters or filter holders for this lens. I am mostly interested in a polarizer. Thank you for sharing a link to another thread if this was previously discussed.

I'm not a big fan of the 105mm filter thread because the 150mm filter system is too bulky to carry around.

You could ask Bryan for more experience as he owns the 35LS.

Paul2660

For the SK35, you have several good solutions for a polarizer.

Lee makes a 105mm thin CL-PL, which fits perfectly. It's a bit on the warm side, but a nice filter.

B+W makes a 105mm normal thickness, which fits very well also, and is a bit cool.

Heliopan makes a 105mm very thick CL-PL and by it self is to my eye neutral.

The bigger issue you will find is looking for a ND filter (if you need them).

The only 105mm I know of is my Hitech, in the Firecrest line. I waited over 1 year to get 2 of them. They are excellent filters, no color cast and thin, so you can easily stack 2 if needed.

Other option is the Lee SW-150 with a Lee wide angle ring. This is much heavier solution, but the lens can support it. The SW-150 will take 2 filters in the 2mm thickness. I have a Nisi CL-PL and 2 of the Firecrest ND filters all in the 150mm size. But since I finally got the 105mm ND filters I rarely use the Lee SW-150 now.

Paul Caldwell

chbenard

Thanks Voidshatter. It looks like Paul gave me more than enough information! Good to know about the bulkiness of the system.

Thank you Paul for the detailed answer, this is extremely helpful. I will have a look at all these options. And yes, I will need a ND filter at some point.

Last thing: I assume that none of these solutions present vignetting issues...

Pemihan

Has anyone tried stacking two threaded filters on the 35LS? And if so does it vignette?

Thanks
Peter

Paul2660

I have the Format Hitech Firecrest ND filters and the Lee CL-PL, both are slim but have front thread, no problems with vignetting.

Both 105mm

Paul Caldwell