The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H6D 100 v XF 100

hcubell

For what it is worth, I have in the end selected the H6D-100c over the IQ3-100.

The main reasons being:
- much lower real world price for the system here in Japan. Especially taking into account discounts and mint second hand lenses. P1 ends up being almost double,
- True focus. Coming from a D810/D5 I expect focus accuracy anywhere in the field,
- Shooting experience of the body. Much better match to my hand, lighter and less obtrusive, better touch UI also IMHO. I just don't see myself shooting an XF outside the studio,
- Better compromise between lens price/weight/performance. The recent Schneider are probably a bit better optically, but their price and weight is getting a bit ridiculous. I used to shoot with an H1 and loved the look of the lenses.

Had they been the same price I would probably have gone P1 since I like C1 Pro and know it well, but since I can buy a pretty nice car on top of my Hassy for the price of the P1 system I'll make do with Phocus 3 that isn't as bad as some make it to be. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard
While your comments about the form factor of the XF and the Schneider lenses are only those of one customer who has turned to Hasselblad, I would hope that the marketing success of the X1D and Fuji GFX serve as a wake up call for Phase's seeming indifference to the physical bloat of its products. I generally think highly of Phase as a company, but I think they have misjudged what a very significant part of the market wants to see. So far, that is. Who knows what's coming.

Chipcarterdc

We shall see, but one segment of the market (me) has absolutely no interest in mirrorless medium format and I'm fine with the form factor of the XF camera.

Now as to the Schneider lenses, I agree: many of them are just absurdly large.

While your comments about the form factor of the XF and the Schneider lenses are only those of one customer who has turned to Hasselblad, I would hope that the marketing success of the X1D and Fuji GFX serve as a wake up call for Phase's seeming indifference to the physical bloat of its products. I generally think highly of Phase as a company, but I think they have misjudged what a very significant part of the market wants to see. So far, that is. Who knows what's coming.