The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Credo 60 Date and time issue

Oamkumar

I have always received great help from this forum and I am really thankful for it. Once again I'm in need of your help. The time & date in my credo 60 resets itself automatically, when I switch my camera on after switching it off. This happens when I switch it off for even 2 seconds. However, there is no problem with the image quality. I use credo with phase one Df+ camera body. I'm not sure how to correct this. Please help.

Paul2660

I believe there is an internal battery for the 160 that needs to be replaced. More than likely needs to be done by P1.

Paul Caldwell

Oamkumar

Thanks. I am not sure that Credo has this internal battery. Because if I removed the battery and not used for a long time, I had to reset the date and time. It's mentioned in their manual also.

yaya

I suggest that you contact your local Mamiya Leaf dealer and let them have a look at the back. As Paul mentioned there is an internal battery (in all digital cameras AFAIK) that may need to be replaced.

BR
Yair

StoneNYC

Thanks. I am not sure that Credo has this internal battery. Because if I removed the battery and not used for a long time, I had to reset the date and time. It's mentioned in their manual also.
In the manual it does mention that long power loss would need a reset of the time. This indicates that there's some sort of internal battery. I also swear I read somewhere that there's an internal battery that is charged when a normal battery is installed, but I can't seem to find where it said that in the manual, however I'm sure that your internal DB battery is no longer charging. However I'm a newb here to take my advice with a grain of salt. :)

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 12.20.54 PM.jpg

Oamkumar

Thank you for the replies. Yes, thee is a battery inside. I contacted the leaf support and they asked me to connect the camera to the computer for 24 hrs to get the internal battery to get charged. I was in between a shoot and I was shooting to the computer via firewire cable. and firmware cable connected to my MacBook pro via firmware to thunderbolt adapter. So I had to disable the charging from the computer. Now my problem is the back is not turning on. And I'm not able to charge the back via usb or firewire cable. Anyway I am going to insert the battery to the back and wait for some hours. if it turned on, then its fine. Otherwise I will have to send it for repair. My bad luck.

StoneNYC

Thank you for the replies. Yes, thee is a battery inside. I contacted the leaf support and they asked me to connect the camera to the computer for 24 hrs to get the internal battery to get charged. I was in between a shoot and I was shooting to the computer via firewire cable. and firmware cable connected to my MacBook pro via firmware to thunderbolt adapter. So I had to disable the charging from the computer. Now my problem is the back is not turning on. And I'm not able to charge the back via usb or firewire cable. Anyway I am going to insert the battery to the back and wait for some hours. if it turned on, then its fine. Otherwise I will have to send it for repair. My bad luck.
I know it's silly, but make sure you have a charged battery in the back as well. I wish you luck! In the mean time you're welcome to buy my Credo 40 as a backup ;)

yaya

As said you must have a battery in the back to run tethered and you can charge it with the supplied charger you do not need to rely on the computer for that...

Oamkumar

I tried to charge (the internal battery) using the fully charged battery 4-5 times. but the back is still dead. it will try to wake up, but in 2-3 seconds, it goes off again. I am going to send the back to Phaseone. I spoke to the dealer and he told me that he will do the needful.
Thanks a lot for the support I got from here.