The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with X1D

SrMphoto

First shots with X1D, Palo Alto at noon.

One is a stitched panorama (17200 x 7200 pixels), the other is heavily transformed in LR. Both handheld, XCD 45mm.

pa-1 framed.jpg

pa-2 framed.jpg

reds

Hi all, got a chance to get out in the (rare in April, or pretty much any time) English sunshine yesterday, for a proper run with my X1D. Really wanted to try shooting in to full sun, & syncing with the Profoto B2. The good news is - it can handle it well :) Couple of my favourites from the shoot below. Happy Sunday :)

First one: 90mm, ISO 100, 1/1000s, f/5.6, with flash
2nd one: 90mm, ambient only, ISO 200, 1/180s, f/4
3rd one: 90mm, ISO 100, 1/2000s, f/3.2, with flash
last one: full in to the sun, 90mm, ISO 100, 1/2000s, f/5.6, B2 on 6.8 power iirc

isabella_egerton_080417_047.jpgisabella_egerton_080417_004-Edit.jpg

Attachments

rent

Got a new toy this weekend that should take my photography to a higher level! :p

1/1600 sec, f/3.5, ISO 200 with XCD 45.

Alex

B0000207.jpg

SrMphoto

XCD 45mm, 50 sec, f/11

Two images combined into one, each image is focus-stacked using two images (focus on nose and eye).

potraits-1 framed.jpg

tcdeveau

Started playing around some and have to say that I'm loving the cam. Pictures of my cats count as fun, right? XCD 45mm, top 2 are wide open at ISO 800, bottom wide open at ISO 3200. Straight out of the camera.

4-14-17_0007.jpg4-14-17_0006.jpg4-14-17_0005.jpg

rayyen

Finally had a good chance to test X1D in a proper environment. Arriving site before sunrise, so sad no good sunrise, but i do love shooting water.

Shek O, Hong Kong
Hasselblad X1D, 45mm

TimRavenscroft

https://photographylife.com/fuji-gfx-50s-vs-hasselblad-x1d-50c/

Has anybody here similar observations with regards to the X1D?
I have been working with the X1D for about a month now. I come from working with a Mamiya Leaf Credo and Nikon D810. I prefer working with the X1D. The minimalist approach they have taken with the camera suits my workflow very well. I usually work on a tripod and shoot relatively slowly. The couple of seconds start up time is no issue to me, especially coming from the Mamiya. I use back button focus in manual mode so I can use AF and tune up from there. The focus peaking is especially impressive, in particular as it extends to the depth of field preview. It is the best focus control I have seen. The menu system is so simple and easy to use - far easier than my other cameras. The results are amazing. The colour fidelity and dynamic range are superb (processed via Phocus then into Photoshop). I have not worked with the GFX so cannot give you a comparative opinion.

I have just joined the DPI group to share my X1D experiences and post a few images. You can see my X1D gallery if you are interested at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/98844125@N04/albums/72157680092122410

pflower

So, has enthusiasm waned? - this thread is pretty dead. I suspect I am pretty lucky in that my X1D works pretty well - a few glitches which are annoying but for the most part it does what I want when I want it to and does it very well. A few snaps from a recent trip to Krakow - wonderful city. I wandered around for 4 days with the X1D and never wanted a different camera.

dpal

Very pretty sharp and colorful pictures. But they're all tilted. Are the places you shot on an incline?
Very tempting, might be getting one next year. By then, all the minor bugs should be fixed. I hope.

jduncan

Shek O, Hong Kong
Hasselblad X1D, 90mm
Loving the power of water in this one, it's not just the wave braking on the rock, it's that everityhinh if full of life, that is also a manifestation of the power of water.

Best regards,

jduncan

So, has enthusiasm waned? - this thread is pretty dead. I suspect I am pretty lucky in that my X1D works pretty well - a few glitches which are annoying but for the most part it does what I want when I want it to and does it very well. A few snaps from a recent trip to Krakow - wonderful city. I wandered around for 4 days with the X1D and never wanted a different camera.

Just the novelty, Most people are adding to the "fund with MF" this days.
And by most people I am taking about X1D users.

Nice captures by the way.

Best regards,

rayyen

It's been raining heavily here in Hong Kong for almost 2 weeks, steal some sunshine in between rain today in a newly discovered place.

黃龍石澗
XCD45mm
f11, 0.3s, iso100

黃龍石澗
XCD45mm
f16, 2s, iso100