The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

L-Bracket for Fuji GFX

hcubell

There is a discussion at diglloyd.com about the difficulty of designing an L-Bracket for the Fuji GFX because Fuji put the battery compartment on the left side of the camera body where an L-bracket would usually go. Just when everything on the GFX looks so well thought out, it appears that Fuji wasn't thinking about the need for L-brackets by landscape photographers and many others. In the inimitable words of Roseann Roseanna Danna: "Well, it just goes to show you, it's always something..."
I am thinking I may wish that Fuji and Hasselblad had worked together to jointly design the first mirrorless MFD camera...Oh well.

Paul2660

If you add the vertical grip the L bracket maybe easier to design.

If not the old generic L brackets may work and or RRS I am sure wil figure something out. Fuji may come out with one.

Lloyd's not a bracket maker so I will wait to see what the real bracket makers come up with.

Camera may work with the Smart Flex L bracket if it is not too wide as I bet the Nikon or Canon foot to fit the bottom of the camera.

Paul Caldwell

hcubell

If you add the vertical grip the L bracket maybe easier to design.

If not the old generic L brackets may work and or RRS I am sure wil figure something out. Fuji may come out with one.

Lloyd's not a bracket maker so I will wait to see what the real bracket makers come up with.

Camera may work with the Smart Flex L bracket if it is not too wide as I bet the Nikon or Canon foot to fit the bottom of the camera.

Paul Caldwell
Yes, RRS will come up with something, but it sounds like it won't be an elegant solution. It may have to be significantly offset from the left side of the camera body to allow clearance for the battery compartment door.

algrove

I have my Smart Flex L Bracket in my hands and I cannot believe it will not work, but will only be able to tell once I can fit it to the GFX. It is 48mm wide and the Arca Swiss plate attached to the camera body can be slid forward or backward on that 48mm plane. I would just hope Smart Flex makes a bracket specifically for the GFX for use on their L bracket.

Paul2660

I have my Smart Flex L Bracket in my hands and I cannot believe it will not work, but will only be able to tell once I can fit it to the GFX. It is 48mm wide and the Arca Swiss plate attached to the camera body can be slid forward or backward on that 48mm plane. I would just hope Smart Flex makes a bracket specifically for the GFX for use on their L bracket.
The sliding part of the foot can be removed which will let the plate fit probably most cameras. This is not perfect since the plate will possibly twist with a heavy camera. But it works with my Pentax K1 which will be about the same weight or more than the GFX. Not perfect I agree and hopefully the Smartflex team will expand their lineup of plates which right now is very limited.

Paul Caldwell

algrove

The sliding part of the foot can be removed which will let the plate fit probably most cameras. This is not perfect since the plate will possibly twist with a heavy camera. But it works with my Pentax K1 which will be about the same weight or more than the GFX. Not perfect I agree and hopefully the Smartflex team will expand their lineup of plates which right now is very limited.

Paul Caldwell
Paul
You should make a request to Sunchai via PM so that he knows of your interest in a new plate. It just might help expedite that to fruition.