The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

2 weeks with X1D

Jamgolf

Enjoyed reading your thoughts.
Nice images - looks like you are putting it to some good use.
Cheers!

Jut my two cents:

To my eye, your images look disturbingly oversaturated. Is that something about camera and its firmware, or about post-processing?

Kirk

kchae

Jut my two cents:

To my eye, your images look disturbingly oversaturated. Is that something about camera and its firmware, or about post-processing?

Kirk
My signature style is getting strong colors in my images. I don't think it's 'disturbing', but I understand everyone has different taste. X1D does a good job at capturing, and enabling amplification of colors. But obviously my works are not 'as-shot' images. Thanks for your thoughts. =)

drevil

Staff member
your saturation slider must be stuck at +50-100 :p

nice pics but a bit to colorful for my taste

congratz on the camera

MomentsForZen

Thanks for posting some examples. I think that you have a good, solid signature in the way that you take and post-process you photographs. This makes each image look like it is part of the complete collection - I like that rather than having a mish-mash of styles in a collection.

It is good to see that the X1D will produce images with plenty of color in reserve for when the need arises.

Also enjoyed seeing part of Seuol through your eyes (andd the X1D) - somewehere that I know very little about.

:) ... MomentsForZen (Richard)

Jut my two cents:

Kirk
If you only have two cents I suggest you keep them to yourself until they add up to something of worth.

You are of course allowed to offer critique on someone's photos, but calling them 'disturbingly oversaturated' was uncalled for.

jduncan

Jut my two cents:

Kirk
Hi,
You can see the colors the camera can produce in the "fun with the x1d" tread.
About the "disturbingly oversaturated" this could help https://www.calm.com/ :D :)
Maybe the blues are too intense and they will not work on you, but is what I have. ;)

Jokes apart, it's an artistic choice, they may not most faithfull representation of reality, but they are, to me, very beautiful.
They have this painterly quality to them. Not my style when I do the capture, but I appreciate the art.

Best regards,