The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1D 4116 first impressions

Christopher

But the longer sweep time is not always practical and can lead to artefacts with some subjects, such as those that move during the sweep. Shorter sweep times do, AFAIK, lead to reduced DR.

True but that is for ES not really a problem with EFCS

KeithL

Re: Electronic shutter...

Yes, I ran another Slo Mo Video which seemed to confirm that. It appears that the first click occured about .07 seconds after the shutter button is depressed. The second click, which is when the flash fired, appeared to be about .12 seconds (120 milliseconds) after the shutter button is depressed. The third click was about .32 seconds after the shutter button was depressed. The fourth click, when the LV on the LCD (not sure about the EVF) reappeared, was about 1.47 seconds after the shutter button was depressed. As I suggested previously, shutter lag does not appear to be an issue. My understanding is that 120 milliseconds is not atypical for a medium format camera. The blackout in the LV is, however, problematic for some uses.
Thanks very much for the info. Good news about the minimal shutter lag.

Let's hope that Hasselblad can fix the EVF lag. Whilst it'll be fine for some applications 1.4 seconds lag is nevertheless limiting the camera's uses.

bab

Please drop an email to Hasselblad requesting integrated step focusing it's been on the request list and the more people that ask the faster they might complete the firmware update including it.
Send email to Hasselblad

Last edited by a moderator:

drevil

Staff member
from the "review":

On the other hand, the X1D is a stellar landscape camera.

har!

mkerouac

A quick up date on my testing using off camera Nikon flash with the X1D. A previously posted I started by using my Elinchrom Skyport HS+ with Elinchrom strobes in my studio. There were no compatibility issues at all. Check the box on occasional studio use. Based on the Skyport success, I was very optimistic that something as simple as the Nikon SU800 IR trigger would work just fine in the X1D hotshoe. That turned out not to be the case. The remote flash would not fire in either TTL or Manual mode when using the SU800 on the X1D. Next up was using a

Nikon SB910 flash in "master" mode to fire the remote flash. Again no luck, the remote flash would not respond. This is still puzzling to me. In my mind, it should work. So on to test 3. I tried a set of Nikon compatible pocket wizards. They worked without any issues. So for now I have a solution using off camera flash. The pocket wizards are even an advantage due to radio vs. IR. However, it is extra gear to carry and I need to order more receivers. But having at least one way to get Nikon flash off the X1D was the most important thing and I have that with the pocket wizards.

My next test is to order the Vello IR trigger for Nikon. I'm not expecting success, the Vello is fundamentally an SU800 clone, but who knows, it just might work.