The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1D Features request updates

etto72

I wrote to Hasselblad product manager Ove Bengtsson with a few questions about possible improvement of the camera via Firmware updates and here is what I have learned:

-Live Histogram
Will come in a future firmware release
- The ability to change the size of the AF points
Will come in a future firmware release. We will add a 2.5 mm size as well
- To be able to set the minimum shutter speed for Auto ISO
This feature comes in next release which is 1-2 weeks away.
- The ability to display in camera the image in B&W or in different formats (for those that like to get a sense on how it would look)
Will come in a future firmware release together with selectable formats (crops) like 3:2, Square, 16:9, XPan, …

To my question about the X lense system road map and the desire to get a fast aperture prime
We will most likely publish the list of planned lenses quite soon. This has been discussed a lot internally!

In the mail I could tell, he is really a nice guy and certainly someone whom cares

I am glad I am sticking to Hasselblad despite the really, really... painful delay :scry:

Cheers
Ettore

Jake

I agree with you- speaking to Ove in person at photokina, I got the impression that he was a) a technical genius and b) cared deeply about putting out the best products possible. The delay is painful for me too, and I hope HB learnt something from this (other than that their customers are fiercely loyal)!

I wrote to Hasselblad product manager Ove Bengtsson with a few questions about possible improvement of the camera via Firmware updates and here is what I have learned:

-Live Histogram
- The ability to display in camera the image in B&W or in different formats (for those that like to get a sense on how it would look)
Will come in a future firmware release together with selectable formats (crops) like 3:2, Square, 16:9, XPan, …

To my question about the X lense system road map and the desire to get a fast aperture prime
We will most likely publish the list of planned lenses quite soon. This has been discussed a lot internally!

In the mail I could tell, he is really a nice guy and certainly someone whom cares

I am glad I am sticking to Hasselblad despite the really, really... painful delay :scry:

Cheers
Ettore

schuster

If they could put in in-body image stabilization, or at least into a couple of lenses, I'd swap every camera, lens and back that I own for it.

D&A

Joe, in the replies Ettore received from his request list to Ove Bengtsson, the lens road map was addressed, of which the reply was:

>>>"We will most likely publish the list of planned lenses quite soon. This has been discussed a lot internally!"<<<

Dave (D&A)

PedroL

Ettore, I did the same thing yesterday morning. I sent a message to Hasselblad (Ove Bengtsson) with feedback on my use of the X1D since January 20. This is the response I received (responses to my "wish list" items are in red).

Subsequently, I added auto bracketing and face detect/eye detect AF to the "wish list" and received this reply:

I'm encouraged by 1) getting a rapid personalized response to my inquiries, 2) the likelihood of a near-term firmware update, and 3) plans for future updates to incorporate more features/functions. Hasselblad is clearly seeking feedback from real users and will evolve the X1D over time to meet our needs.

In hindsight, I should have asked about the lens roadmap, but didn't want to get too cheeky. ;)

Joe
Joe, I am not surprise with answer from Mr. Ove Bengtsson. He is one of the few "photographers person" every camera manufacturers would love to have.

Peter

Nebster

Thanks for inciting me to write Ove. I sent my short list last night, and I got a reply already:

Regarding MF zoom-assist control,

In the coming firmware (next week) you can slect 50 or 100% zoom in and you can also choose to have Focus Peaking.
And regarding stacking,

Focus Stacking is definitely on my list! J

jduncan

-Live Histogram
- The ability to display in camera the image in B&W or in different formats (for those that like to get a sense of how it would look)

In the mail I could tell, he is really a nice guy and certainly someone who cares

Cheers
Ettore
What is this madness? Hasselblad is not supposed to communicate!!!! ;)

Jokes aside: The transparency is great, we need to understand that this is a roadmap, they could face problems. This seem to indicate that, finally, the issue of communication is resolved, not only that, but in a way that is far beyond the standard of most companies.

Thanks for taking the initiative to ask and for your decision to share. And kudos to Hasselblad for the sincere and comprehensive answer.

Best regards,

mkerouac

-Live Histogram

Cheers
Ettore
Could you please provide Mr. Bengtsson's email address? I would like to ask about any plans to enable Nikon remote flash capability. Currently you can only use a Nikon Flash on the hot shoe. I even tried to use a flash as a Master on the hot shoe vs. the SU800 trigger and that didn't work either. It seems like most studio flash triggers (Elinchrom, Profoto, etc. do work).

etto72

Could you please provide Mr. Bengtsson's email address? I would like to ask about any plans to enable Nikon remote flash capability. Currently you can only use a Nikon Flash on the hot shoe. I even tried to use a flash as a Master on the hot shoe vs. the SU800 trigger and that didn't work either. It seems like most studio flash triggers (Elinchrom, Profoto, etc. do work).
Here
ove.bengtsson (at) hasselblad (dot) com

Last edited:

wellfleet

This is off topic as this not a feature request, but an explanation of a nonexistent feature listed in the X1D manual.

On page 67 there are references to “markings” in line item 2 and line item 3. They don't exist.
Per my query, Hasselblad support responded, “The lens scale index refers to the H lenses. Some parts of the X1D manual were taken from the H6D manual, so it looks like they mistakenly included parts that are not applicable.”

KeithL

This is off topic as this not a feature request, but an explanation of a nonexistent feature listed in the X1D manual.

On page 67 there are references to “markings” in line item 2 and line item 3. They don't exist.
Per my query, Hasselblad support responded, “The lens scale index refers to the H lenses. Some parts of the X1D manual were taken from the H6D manual, so it looks like they mistakenly included parts that are not applicable.”
This is what I thought had happened.

It would be useful if you could post your findings here. http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=4833.msg20020#msg20020