The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX and Capture One

gerald.d

You accuse me of "hearsay"?

So let me get this straight.

I provide video evidence of the statement being made by a Fuji representative.

And you say "I can't say who my source is".

Err, ok then.

"I have no intention of spreading FUD about the GFX"

"Unfortunately, it may be that way with a number of things with the GFX."

Right. As you were. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:

hcubell

You accuse me of "hearsay"?

So let me get this straight.

I provide video evidence of the statement being made by a Fuji representative.

And you say "I can't say who my source is".

Err, ok then.

"I have no intention of spreading FUD about the GFX"

"Unfortunately, it may be that way with a number of things with the GFX."

Right. As you were. Nothing to see here.
I am done with this non-story.

Iktinos

Not Available
Please let us know when someone from Phase One confirms it.
Be sure, that if it was a wrong post, somebody "from P1" like Doug or Steven would have reacted already! It's not wrong buddy... it's all true! Good news for P1 profits too.... I guess that Hassy has to follow soon as to support the GFX with Phocus and keep advancing it as to be "up-there" for what it doesn't do. (although Phocus does do multishot and motion picture that C1 doesn't and is of superb RAW processing results).

Steve Hendrix

Be sure, that if it was a wrong post, somebody "from P1" like Doug or Steven would have reacted already! It's not wrong buddy... it's all true! Good news for P1 profits too.... I guess that Hassy has to follow soon as to support the GFX with Phocus and keep advancing it as to be "up-there" for what it doesn't do. (although Phocus does do multishot and motion picture that C1 doesn't and is of superb RAW processing results).

Are you so sure?

Why would Doug or I want to jump into this?

Simply ask yourself this. Given how unlikely it is, don't you think it makes more sense to hear something official from the company that is actually producing the software than accept the word from some flackie at a dog and pony show?

Steve Hendrix/CI

gerald.d

Are you so sure?

Simply ask yourself this. Given how unlikely it is, don't you think it makes more sense to hear something official from the company that is actually producing the software than accept the word from some flackie at a dog and pony show?

Steve Hendrix/CI
"Flackie at a dog and pony show"?

Really Steve?

You want to go there?

hcubell

I'm not.

I think an apology is in order.

I won't be holding my breath though.
Who should be apologizing? The person who breathlessly spread the rumor all across the internet, or the person who is shooting it down as just another unfounded rumor that is very likely false?
I don't know. Perhaps you think that if the rumor is repeated enough, it magically becomes true.

gerald.d

Just absolutely gobsmacked at some of the reactions to my simply relating what was said at an official Fuji event.

Regardless of what the actual facts are, I've learned a big lesson.

Don't contribute to the community here on anything remotely controversial. Even if you have incontrovertible proof that what you are relating is the truth.

Your motivation and integrity will be questioned and assaulted.

"A flackie at a dog and pony show."

**** me. No. Seriously.

**** me.

Sideways.

I cannot help but to question whether Phase One are proud of way "Team Phase One" is represented on the forum by their US dealer network.

For the record. I am personally responsible for generating sales in the six figure USD for Phase One. That's counting my own spend, and the spend of people who directly acted on my advice. Personally, I have not benefited to the tune of a single cent. I am absolutely thrilled with the Phase One gear I own, and the support from my local dealer.

To the mods.

Please wait 24 hours before banning me. By all means ban me from posting, but not from donating to the forum.

I am waiting for confirmation that the buyer of my Achromatic+ is happy with the transaction. Once that occurs, I will as promised be making a $500 contribution to the forum.

After that, do as you please. I'm done here.

Iktinos

Not Available
Are you so sure?

Steve Hendrix/CI
Yes I'm sure! ...it is because this kind of decision from P1 means minimal profits for both your and Doug's companies on which you are are employed... So, you would have rushed to get a negative reaction from P1.... IMO, the truth is that Sony is in a position to enforce any company that they supply with MF sensors, so that the company will be aligned to Sony's interests... and surely Sony's interests are with volumes that P1 can't achieve (or be anywhere near them).

Steve Hendrix

"Flackie at a dog and pony show"?

Really Steve?

You want to go there?

Ok, I don't who the guy was, but that's kind of my point, no one knows who he is, he's just some guy off stage left. I'm using the term flackie to make my point.

Are you sensitive because you're on the spot for no reason just because you reported this when it is unlikely to be true, regardless of what this "high level executive" said? I mean, it's not your fault, what people do with the info, so relax.

It's now seen as fact by all sorts of rumor sites just because of this one guy saying so. It would not be the first time someone from a manufacturer spoke publicly about something without really knowing, so unless someone from Phase One confirms this, I'm going to continue to believe what is most likely, and assume C1 will not support GFX files.

Steve Hendrix/CI

gerald.d

Who should be apologizing? The person who breathlessly spread the rumor all across the internet, or the person who is shooting it down as just another unfounded rumor that is very likely false?
I don't know. Perhaps you think that if the rumor is repeated enough, it magically becomes true.
"Breathlessly spread the rumor"?

**** you.

I posted here. That was it.

I actually made the effort to check what the source of the story was for the two other people reporting it. No-one else did. No-one else could be bothered.

I'm not a journalist. I'm not a reporter. I'm just a vaguely anonymous guy who was at an event because he's interested in MF and shared what he heard.

When it seemed that all sources were leading back to what I reported was said here, I questioned them.

Don't you ****ing dare question my integrity you sack of ****.

gerald.d

Ok, I don't who the guy was, but that's kind of my point, no one knows who he is, he's just some guy off stage left. I'm using the term flackie to make my point.
The point that you couldn't be bother to ask who he was?

The guy - me - who both reports what he heard and then provides the video of what he saw. You thought "no point in asking [him] who said this - no one [especially not he, who was actually there] could possible know who he is"?

The point that if you'd bothered to look at the video that was immediately below the one I linked to on Facebook, the guy's name and job title is there for all to see? I mean, he has a pretty obvious accent. And he speaks for over 10 minutes in that video.

Nah. Just be insulting. That's the positive and professional way to address this.

vjbelle

Gerald..... as I see it you are simply the messenger and not the sender. At least someone attempted to pass along what could be exciting news about the GFX. Lets see what happens.... if it turns out to be untrue no big deal. If true a BIG deal.

Victor

Steve Hendrix

The point that you couldn't be bother to ask who he was?

The guy - me - who both reports what he heard and then provides the video of what he saw. You thought "no point in asking [him] who said this - no one [especially not he, who was actually there] could possible know who he is"?

The point that if you'd bothered to look at the video that was immediately below the one I linked to on Facebook, the guy's name and job title is there for all to see? I mean, he has a pretty obvious accent. And he speaks for over 10 minutes in that video.

Nah. Just be insulting. That's the positive and professional way to address this.

I could not easily see who it was. And I only watched that snippet of the video, other than a chunk of the introductory part with Zack Arias speaking, who I always enjoy hearing. I didn't bother to see who it was, because in reality, it doesn't really matter. Phase One has not announced any support for this camera, traditionally it would be a major break from Phase One policy, and at this point, it remains unsubstantiated.

I'm sorry if you were so insulted because the identity of who said it was dismissed by me. But you yourself even said that you "had your doubts", and you were there when the person said it. It seems you cast as much doubt on what he said as I do. Regardless of who he is, you don't seem to believe him either.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Iktinos

Not Available
I could not easily see who it was. And I only watched that snippet of the video, other than a chunk of the introductory part with Zack Arias speaking, who I always enjoy hearing. I didn't bother to see who it was, because in reality, it doesn't really matter. Phase One has not announced any support for this camera, traditionally it would be a major break from Phase One policy, and at this point, it remains unsubstantiated.

I'm sorry if you were so insulted because the identity of who said it was dismissed by me. But you yourself even said that you "had your doubts", and you were there when the person said it. It seems you cast as much doubt on what he said as I do. Regardless of who he is, you don't seem to believe him either.

Steve Hendrix/CI
I wonder... with the volume of sales that P1 currently has Steven, do you really think they can survive if they don't support other PRO cameras? ...do you really think that Sony would allow P1 to oppose their business plan and allow P1 to "block" further sales of (by far too many) sensors from them? ...or is it that Sony would "threaten" P1 that if they don't support their rest of customers than can achieve ultra high volumes, then P1 would be undervalued as a customer from Sony?

Who you think is the winner on the above equation?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay guys, slow your mo. Geez we really won't know for sure would be my guess upon release of the camera . Does it make sense for C1 to support it well that's a open question only Phase could answer. Steve and Doug are not the guys that make that call. They may hear rumors but they will not talk about them either way, that I can guarantee you. I know both of them very well and they are not going to step in that area until it is or is not official. I think it would be awesome if they did but I'm also partial to C1 because I been using it for years and Phase and Sony do have a agreement on use for Sony owners. So that type of scenario is possible for sure. Let's just keep our cool here though. Oh and the brand loyalty is beginning to look like a grease patch, let's clean that up on both sides, Please.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Gerald..... as I see it you are simply the messenger and not the sender. At least someone attempted to pass along what could be exciting news about the GFX. Lets see what happens.... if it turns out to be untrue no big deal. If true a BIG deal.

Victor
Agree let's not beat up any messenger of potentially good news especially our well known members.

Nick-T

the truth is that Sony is in a position to enforce any company that they supply with MF sensors, so that the company will be aligned to Sony's interests... and surely Sony's interests are with volumes that P1 can't achieve (or be anywhere near them).
Theodoros surely you're not suggesting that Sony would force Phase One to support their Cameras? Maybe they'll threaten Nikon to prevent them releasing a new camera too?