The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX adapters

Paul2660

I am curious to how the image circle on the Nikon glass would effect the output, especially on mid to long reach glass. I have to assume with a lens designed for 35mm sensor size there is going to be some vignetting?

I see also they have a Mamiya 645 adapter. But I can't tell if it will operate the aperture or not, say on the older Mamiya 210mm, or 75-150 or 55mm. All of these are AF lenses so you would need to manually focus no big deal, but if the lens will not stop down then a bit of a bigger problem.

Edit: • If your lens does not have a manual aperture control ring, it will stop down to its smallest f/stop by default. Per Fotodiox site, thus all modern Mamiya lenses are ruled out for now as none have a manual aperture ring.

Paul Caldwell

Satrycon

https://fotodioxpro.com/products/m645-gfx-pro

https://fotodioxpro.com/products/eos-gfx-pro

I am curious to how the image circle on the Nikon glass would effect the output, especially on mid to long reach glass. I have to assume with a lens designed for 35mm sensor size there is going to be some vignetting?

I see also they have a Mamiya 645 adapter. But I can't tell if it will operate the aperture or not, say on the older Mamiya 210mm, or 75-150 or 55mm. All of these are AF lenses so you would need to manually focus no big deal, but if the lens will not stop down then a bit of a bigger problem.

Edit: • If your lens does not have a manual aperture control ring, it will stop down to its smallest f/stop by default. Per Fotodiox site, thus all modern Mamiya lenses are ruled out for now as none have a manual aperture ring.

Paul Caldwell