The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One forum: Not the right way to behave

Jamgolf

>>>> I have no idea what you mean about copyright infringement.
I was referring to one of the 4 locked threads on the first 25 pages here. It seems to have been closed due to copyright issues. So that really means 3 closed threads in the last couple of years. Not too bad I'd say.

>>>> When brand loyalists have had enough the pitch forks and torches come out to drive the dissenters away.
Well they have a right to express their opinion too. Or should they just be quiet and allow only others to express views that they disagee with.

>>>> ... sponsors who also post here and hawk there products openly in the forums.
Well, those sponsors have their affliations in their signatures, so all of us know their bias. We are a bunch of big boys here and the sponsors know that. In my experience the sponsors are quite helpful and their input and guidance makes the forum a better more informed place. In the end, they have to put food on the table too.

>>>> We need as a collective forum to be more understanding with others right to express themselves
I agree 100%

You sound like a reasonable person. I am sure this forum can be a better place with your knowledge and contributions. I feel this forum is best when we do that i.e. share images, test results, knowledge, findings, experiences.

Peace!

Last edited:

jdphoto

>>>> I have no idea what you mean about copyright infringement.
I was referring to one of the 4 locked threads on the first 25 pages here. It seems to have been closed due to copyright issues. So that really means 3 closed threads in the last couple of years. Not too bad I'd say.

>>>> When brand loyalists have had enough the pitch forks and torches come out to drive the dissenters away.
Well they have a right to express their opinion too. Or should they just be quiet and allow only others to express views that they disagee with.

>>>> ... sponsors who also post here and hawk there products openly in the forums.
Well, those sponsors have their affliations in their signatures, so all of us know their bias. We are a bunch of big boys here and the sponsors know that. In my experience the sponsors are quite helpful and their input and guidance makes the forum a better more informed place. In the end, they have to put food on the table too.

>>>> We need as a collective forum to be more understanding with others right to express themselves
I agree 100%

You sound like a reasonable person. I am sure this forum can be a better place with your knowledge and contributions. I feel this forum is best when we do that i.e. share images, test results, knowledge, findings, experiences.

Peace!
I appreciate your comments and civility. All of my posts here, I thought, were contributing to the greater good, but sometimes I just can't sit on my hands when some are told flat out they're wrong for their opinions.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The long rope is what I think is what differentiates GetDPI from other fora. However, whilst that rope is long, it isn't infinitely long and people being rude and hateful is when the mods justifiably come down like a ton of rocks and shut things down. :thumbs: