The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV50C and 903 SWC?

Rolo

It's many years since I used the CFV on my Hasselblad SWC/M, but from memory:

The Hasselblad SWC/M has an extended tripod plate which prevents the battery fitting directly to the CFV and therefore the battery bracket becomes essential. However, if you cut the plate the battery fits without the bracket and all is well and much better ergonomically.

I unscrewed the plate screws which didn't release the plate and lost one of the internal nuts inside the body. :-(. This was latter sorted when I had a new focussing barrel fitted (worn distance markings) and the mechanic sorted the screw.

In future, when I get my 'full-frame' CFV, I'll cut the stainless steel plate with a diamond grinder.

Grayhand

I am not sure but I think that the battery adapter for the older CFV backs are not the same as the adapter for the CFV50C.
That might indicate that what works ok with an older back on a SWC, will not work ok with a CFV50C and a SWC together with a battery adapter.

Hopefully some knowledgeable person might get it straight!

Ray

jotloob

Subscriber Member
A lost excavator . HASSELBLAD 905SWC + CFV50
No LCC done .

BAGGA.028.jpg

I am working on an adaptor to use my iPHONE as a viewfinder for the SWC , as I hate to use the original finder .
I will show an image , when done .

Grayhand

Interesting idea!

The Hasselblad viewfinder do give you a different perspective of the world..
Handheld I will accept the alternative reality in the viewfinder.

But for tripod work this is an interesting solution.
I look forward to see what you will present!

Ray

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Ray

It took a while till I got the hotshoe adapter . But now , the adaption is ready and works fine .

SWC905.iPHONE.jpg

Attached in the SWC905 hotshoe you can see the ALPA 400.120.180 adapter and on top the iPHONE holder MKI/II .
When both parts were screwed together , I worked out (milling machine) a groove for a short cable release extension , as the SWC905's release button
sits in a very unusual position .
The iPHONE holder can be replaced by the ALPA viewfinder or any other ALPA accessory . If it makes sense .:ROTFL:

I hope you like what you see and what I have done .

dave.gt

Ray

It took a while till I got the hotshoe adapter . But now , the adaption is ready and works fine .

View attachment 129747

Attached in the SWC905 hotshoe you can see the ALPA 400.120.180 adapter and on top the iPHONE holder MKI/II .
When both parts were screwed together , I worked out (milling machine) a groove for a short cable release extension , as the SWC905's release button
sits in a very unusual position .
The iPHONE holder can be replaced by the ALPA viewfinder or any other ALPA accessory . If it makes sense .:ROTFL:

I hope you like what you see and what I have done .
Wow! Nice! I like the concept but your final result is even better!

Grayhand

This looks nice, Jürgen!

Less clunky than I thought it wold be.
This I have to look into a bit deeper :thumbup:

Ray