The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Cambo Actus dedicated for the Fuji GFX.

CAMBOUSA

I understand the Canon EF mount won't give infinity on this version!?
Correct.

I'm wondering what this might be like with the Pentax 645 28-45mm, will there be any movement available ?? I'm hoping that I'll be able to look at a setup like this at The Photography Show in a few weeks.
Not sure what exactly Cambo will be showing, but I do know they will have a booth (or be represented in a few booths anyway).

Be sure to swing by and take a look!

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 4.52.54 PM.jpg

craigosh

Shame you can't get infinity with the EF lenses, but there are other options.

I'll drop Cambo UK a line and see what they might have on show. Hopefully Teamwork will have one.

mark1958

I have not seen much in terms of comments or opinions about the ACTAR lens line. Any idea of how well these might work on the GFX?

CAMBOUSA

I have not seen much in terms of comments or opinions about the ACTAR lens line. Any idea of how well these might work on the GFX?
Because of their design I know they are compatible and all should be able to focus properly on the GFX. I'll be doing some more testing very soon to see what capabilities are possible.

I have had the most experience personally with the 24 and the new 120.

The 24 is very similar in quality to the Canon 24 TS E, and for the price is a very great competitor.

The 120 is (to my eye anyway) razor sharp, and puts up a pretty close fight against the Rodenstock 120 macro.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt though, I'm a touch biased.

Paul2660

Does anyone know what the Actar 24mm equivalent GFX focal length would be?

From reading on this lens, it seems to have a 60mm image circle, so I wonder how much movement would be possible?

Paul Caldwell

Iktinos

Not Available

From reading on this lens, it seems to have a 60mm image circle, so I wonder how much movement would be possible?

Paul Caldwell
The lens is based (same optics) to the Samyang 24mm f3.5 T/S (but stripped from its T/S mechanism), it is kudos to Cambo for claiming "only" 60mm image circle which suggests only the "acceptable quality" image circle projected at f8-f11. The lens will cover the whole 54x40.5 sensor (and a bit of movements left on top), but quality drops with respect to the internal 60mm suggested by Cambo.

Stripping the lens mechanisms off, causes mounting distance to increase significantly.

jng

From the Cambo NL facebook page:

So yes, the wide large format lenses aren't the best of options unfortunately.
Blake,

So does this mean that Cambo sells an adapter for Hasselbald V series lenses?!?

Thanks.
John

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

EFCS is not possible. If ES is possible may depend on the processing power of the platform.

But, I don't think ES is the universal solution, as it really needs continuous illumination and subjects that are comparably still.

Best regards
Erik

I still don't understand how difficult it is for Hasselblad to add Electronic Shutter to their X1D via a firmware update. They are losing the adapters' market just because they don't do this.

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

Lens cast will be a non issue with medium format lenses, except possibly with extreme shifts. Tilts are not problematic.

Vignetting will be a problem in some cases, though.

Chris Barret switched from IQ 260 to Sony A7rII and one of the advantages he found was that LLC was not needed. He uses it with Hasselblad V, Canon TSE (17 and 24) and Canon 11-24/4L.

Chris uses the Canon lenses with an Arca. Arca has developed a lens plate with aperture control built in.

Best regards
Erik
Most people seem really excited about the new Cambo Actus for the GFX, but I have seen a few people saying there won't be a lot of lenses to cover the sensor nor software to correct the various colour casts which happens when you tilt/shift etc.

Someone who knows their stuff care to help me out here or should I call my Cambo dealer to order one straight away? :)

Last edited:

vjbelle

Paul Caldwell
24mm should be equivalent to a 31.2mm lens on the GFX.

Victor

CAMBOUSA

So it's officially time for me to eat my words. I believe earlier in this thread I said something to the effect of "Cambo isn't currently in the adapter business". Things have changed.

Last week I was made aware of a new product coming down the Cambo pipeline (but couldn't speak publically on it quite yet). Today an official announcement was made for an Adaptor for use with Canon lenses on the Fuji GFX.

unnamed.jpgunnamed-1.jpg

These of course are the computerized 3D renders and not actual product photos yet. As always, as soon as I know more I'll happily pass it along.

What I do know now is this will act similarly to the current powered Canon adaptors that Cambo has released, allowing for electronic aperture control.

Only a select few lenses have the large image circle needed to fully cover the GFX's sensor, but if you are ok with cropping into the center then that opens the door for more lens options.

This is not an adaptor for the Actus series but its own seporate adaptor that allows for direct connection of Canon lenses to the Fuji GFX

It may be obvious that only Canon lenses that have a larger image circle, such as the T/S lenses, will have enough coverage for this sensor.
This combination makes it possible to use the new Fujifilm GFX camera with a 17mm (and 24mm) focal length that covers the full format of the Fuji's 33x44mm sensor !!
Depending on the composition you may still be able to use the T/S movements on the lens itselves, unobstructed.
This adaptor WILL NOT allow for Autofocus or EXIF data.

This adapter is mounted directly to the GFX camera bayonet and it controls the aperture of Canon lenses electronically, by similar controls as on the ACB-CA and WRE-CA. Be aware that there is no further protocol to communicate with the GFX camera for setting aperture, auto focus or EXIF date from the lens.

Quentin_Bargate

That is great news. Is there a similar adapter planned / existing from Cambo for other lenses (Nikon / Pentax etc)?

My mind is officially boggled at the potential this unleashes... well done Cambo!

So it's officially time for me to eat my words. I believe earlier in this thread I said something to the effect of "Cambo isn't currently in the adapter business". Things have changed.

Last week I was made aware of a new product coming down the Cambo pipeline (but couldn't speak publically on it quite yet). Today an official announcement was made for an Adaptor for use with Canon lenses on the Fuji GFX.

These of course are the computerized 3D renders and not actual product photos yet. As always, as soon as I know more I'll happily pass it along.

What I do know now is this will act similarly to the current powered Canon adaptors that Cambo has released, allowing for electronic aperture control.

Only a select few lenses have the large image circle needed to fully cover the GFX's sensor, but if you are ok with cropping into the center then that opens the door for more lens options.

This is not an adaptor for the Actus series but its own seporate adaptor that allows for direct connection of Canon lenses to the Fuji GFX

This adaptor WILL NOT allow for Autofocus or EXIF data.

Quentin_Bargate

So this new adapter can be used with the Canon TS-E 17mm F4L. Is that right? And if it is right, what would the focal length be on the GFX? That could be a killer ultra wide option for arcitecture and landscape work if full movements are available with limited or no vignetting.

Steve Hendrix

So this new adapter can be used with the Canon TS-E 17mm F4L. Is that right? And if it is right, what would the focal length be on the GFX? That could be a killer ultra wide option for arcitecture and landscape work if full movements are available with limited or no vignetting.

It would be 17mm on the Fuji, which would be equivalent to shooting 13mm on your Canon, Nikon, etc.

Steve Hendrix/CI

CAMBOUSA

That is great news. Is there a similar adapter planned / existing from Cambo for other lenses (Nikon / Pentax etc)?
At this time I have not been made aware of any other adaptor options on the horizon. Many companies aren't exactly forthcoming with their protocols which is a HUGE factor to what is possible.

But I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it. If I hear different, ya'll will be the first to know...Just don't get your hopes up yet.

Last edited:
M

mjr

Has anyone experience of the Actus with older MF lenses? I'm wondering how they handle something along the lines of a Hasselblad 40mm or something similar from the V system or another older MF system, can they handle the weight ok? I have the idea that the GFX with a 40mm or 50mm of some kind would be perfect on an Actus, allowing movements, a 3 image stitch would be equivalent to a reasonable wide angle view on 35mm presuming the image quality allows, I don't need to go as wide as a 17mm t/s for my work. Any comments on handling these older lenses from people with experience? Do these lenses even hold up to the 50mp sensor ok?

Many thanks

Mat