The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Cambo Actus dedicated for the Fuji GFX.

"So far it looks like nobody offers a plain-vanilla manual-focus Contax 645 to GFX adapter? I didn't see one on the Kipon list or on eBay among the Asian adapter sellers."

I've managed to answer my own question: Fotodiox makes one. In the pictures on their website it has an Arca tripod mount attached to the adapter, and I was afraid this would interfere with using a RRS or Kirk L-bracket. But their tech support folks have advised me that the tripod mount comes off just by removing 2 screws.

Kirk

Don Libby

The Actus-GFX has no electronic controls, so at this current moment only manually controlled aperture lenses are supported fully.
The Actus has intrigued me for sometime now and now that I own a Fuji50s I might just do something about it. My main issue has always been about the lens. It appears that since the GF line of lenses can all be manually controlled I could in theory use my existing GF lens with a Combo Acts/Fuji 50s combination. Or am I missing something....

vjbelle

Don.... its great to see you are looking into the Actus system as it is light and versatile. However, Actus does not have a mount for native GFX lenses - that I know of. The design was intended to mount the camera (GFX) and use lenses other than native. There are threads on getDPI devoted to lenses that adapt themselves to the GFX.

Victor

Don Libby

Don.... its great to see you are looking into the Actus system as it is light and versatile. However, Actus does not have a mount for native GFX lenses - that I know of. The design was intended to mount the camera (GFX) and use lenses other than native. There are threads on getDPI devoted to lenses that adapt themselves to the GFX.

Victor
Thanks Victor, I came to the same conclusion shortly after writing the above. My main problem is that while I'd like to have this as a third system I don't want the hassle of a third set of lenses. I'll keep sitting this out for awhile longer...

Don

daf

Thanks Victor, I came to the same conclusion shortly after writing the above. My main problem is that while I'd like to have this as a third system I don't want the hassle of a third set of lenses. I'll keep sitting this out for awhile longer...

Don
You should be able to use your phaseone lenses with no problem and some mouvement ...

Don Libby

Does anyone have a near perfect case to carry their Actus? I've read it ships in a cardboard box with foam cut out to fit inside a pelican but can find no information on the specific case.

TimoK

I remember having seen an image but I can't find it either. But it seems to be a Storm case:

"The whole thing fits in a Pelican Storm case iM2050, and comes packed in a foam piece that fits right into the iM2050 perfectly."

https://blog.cambo.com/2016/09/20/the-cambo-actus-a-gem/

Chris
Do You mean this picture at reply #645 ? https://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-and-digital-backs/30004-show-us-your-tech-cam-13.html
I found this foam coming with my Actus useless. I even bougth an Explorer Case #2717, which should be same size as Pelican 2050. Maybe it was not. At least the foam from Actus box did nit perfectly. Roughtly it did fit. But bigger problem was how the foam was cutted in factory. No place for lenses or other things. So, if You want hard, heavy and water resistant case, it's better to buy the inside foam with the case.
I am still missing a good bag for my Actus.

Last edited: