The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wine Country Filter Holder Kit - Reviews/Info and Avaialbility

lance_schad

Workshop Member
So the Wine Country Filter Holder Kits have been shipping for a little bit now and has been receiving excellent reviews from those using it in the field. I know that there are quite a few forum members that maybe using this kit that can chime in and share their experiences with it.

For those of you who are not familiar the WCC Filter Holder is a revolutionary new system to hold your ND and Grads.

Here is a link to a recent review of the system and also link to an intro video that Rod Clark (Founder of WCC) produced to take you through the features of the system.

Digital Transitions is proud to be partnered with WCC to offer their products and have created a custom "Medium Format Starter Kit" which includes support for most medium format lenses (additional adapters are available a'la carte)
Wine Country Camera 100mm Holder System
Wine Country Camera Polarizer (internally rotatable)
Wine Country Camera 72mm Adapter Ring
Wine Country Camera 86mm Adapter Ring
Wine Country Camera 100x100mm Filter Vault
Wine Country Camera 100x150mm Grad Filter Vault

Lance

Last edited:

Qamaro

It actually looks like a nice filter system my only concern is that it covers none of the wides with threads like the 45mm lens or the bayonet hood models like the 28 and 35mm. It does cover the rodi's for the tech cams, just kinda wish it could have been a full replacement for the Lee holder system. I'll have to see how it evolves.

beano_z

Wish they'd do a version which could be used on the Rodenstock 32mm wide angle, that centre filter has a front thread of 105mm, so this is 100mm system is no good......

kdphotography

Nice well-thought out filter system. Only downside imho is the bulk/size that it adds to my pack. A wide angle alternative or 150mm filter system needs to be developed now...

algrove

Assume it must be the white wine that makes these so attractive. It's a shame as I like red wine better.

Don Libby

Good concept however useless for the larger lenses such as the 35, 40-80, 75-150 etc. Once they make a larger system I'll entertain the idea of getting a kit.

beano_z

Good concept however useless for the larger lenses such as the 35, 40-80, 75-150 etc. Once they make a larger system I'll entertain the idea of getting a kit.
Well, it here and supposed to be shipping “around” Christmas time last year, anyone received their 150mm system yet?

lance_schad

Workshop Member
I spoke with Rod Clark of Wine Country and he just received his first shipment of his new 150MM Filter Holder system will be shipping to endusers around January 18th.

I have seen the prototypes and we at DT are anxiously awaiting our demo and stocking units.

So it is just days away so hang tight it will be worth the wait.

Best Regards.

Lance

Last edited:

Paul2660

Received in the future? Or maybe the 8th?

Either way very very interested in the 150mm setup and 105mm adapters.

Very hopeful the CL-PL setup is similar to the 100mm setup

Paul C

beano_z

Received in the future? Or maybe the 8th?

Either way very very interested in the 150mm setup and 105mm adapters.

Very hopeful the CL-PL setup is similar to the 100mm setup

Paul C
Same here, I just hope that the 105mm adapters put the polariser almost flush to the front of the lens, otherwise it won't be able to replace the LEE SW150II.

It's actually quite a gamble for me to spend all that $$$ without even being sure it works on my system......:loco:

drunkenspyder

Same here, I just hope that the 105mm adapters put the polariser almost flush to the front of the lens, otherwise it won't be able to replace the LEE SW150II.

It's actually quite a gamble for me to spend all that $$$ without even being sure it works on my system......:loco:
Since my primary use for the WCC 150 system will be the 35LS, the CPL borders on superfluous for me. On the rare occasions when a CPL is desirable at that wide angle, I have found the Lee square CPL more than adequate. I also love the ProGrey system better than both, but their 105mm adapter for the 150Z system is actually manufactured to the wrong filter thread pitch for the 35LS. SMH. Those Lee barrel adapters drive me nuts, the WCC single tension screw is sometimes unreliable, and the ProGrey rotational bayonet & tab can be very frustrating. Filter holder system perfection remains . . . elusive.

Anyway, the ease of filter vault management with the WCC is still the driver for me, and it ticks more positive check boxes than the others, so I am optimistically waiting for mine.