The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D vs. Fuji GFX - my experiences

Paul2660

Plus, I believe both of those P645 lenses would mount on the GFX, as they have aperture rings.

The Pentax 645 glass is not slouch at all. Gives me an idea for the future once Novoflex or someone with quality in mind starts making a P645 adapter.

I wonder what the FA35mm would be focal wise on the GFX, it's a full frame designed lens as I recall. But an excellent one.

Paul Caldwell

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I wonder what the FA35mm would be focal wise on the GFX, it's a full frame designed lens as I recall. But an excellent one.

Paul Caldwell
This question keeps coming up. It would be a 35mm lens because it IS one. For FF FoV equivalence, the scaling factor isn't perfectly well defined because of sensor shape, but 0.8 is a rough guide, so 28mm FoV is about right. But it would look just like a Fuji G-mount 35mm lens.

Best,

Matt

D&A

Interesting size comparison.
View attachment 125563

Personally I think the big pentax mirror box is a small price to pay for an optical viewfinder.
I'm trying to figure something out in this image. Attached to the Pentax body is the relatively small FA 75mm f2.8 lens and then sitting on top of that is the FA 120 f4 macro. Why were they stacking lenses on these cameras as a comparison. Maybe something obvious, but it escapes me.

Dave (D&A)

2WK

I guess it is just a volume comparison of lenses with similar focal lengths. You are still going to be carrying the same amount of kit (if using these focal lengths) regardless of the EVF/OVF choice. Of course if you only are using wide angles the GFX will be much smaller. The newer pentax wides are HUGE.

I'm trying to figure something out in this image. Attached to the Pentax body is the relatively small FA 75mm f2.8 lens and then sitting on top of that is the FA 120 f4 macro. Why were they stacking lenses on these cameras as a comparison. Maybe something obvious, but it escapes me.

Dave (D&A)

I have heard of reports of focus shift with some of these lenses and decided to quickly test it out for myself. I put up the images here:

http://aravind.ca/Reviews?Fuji_GFX_Hasselblad_X1D_focus_shift

I only tested one focus distance for the lenses and there's always the possibility that field curvature could affect things with the test target I was using but from my findings there is focus shift with the Fuji 32-64 shot at 64mm and the Hasselblad 90mm. With both of those lenses, its not an amount that I think would ruin a shot as the intended point of focus does remain acceptably sharp. I saw just a smidge of focus shift with the Fuji 120 macro as well, but its so small that I don't think it would make any difference in the real world.

malmac

I have heard of reports of focus shift with some of these lenses and decided to quickly test it out for myself. I put up the images here:

http://aravind.ca/Reviews?Fuji_GFX_Hasselblad_X1D_focus_shift

I only tested one focus distance for the lenses and there's always the possibility that field curvature could affect things with the test target I was using but from my findings there is focus shift with the Fuji 32-64 shot at 64mm and the Hasselblad 90mm. With both of those lenses, its not an amount that I think would ruin a shot as the intended point of focus does remain acceptably sharp. I saw just a smidge of focus shift with the Fuji 120 macro as well, but its so small that I don't think it would make any difference in the real world.
I went onto your website - your photos are so inspiring - we are heading out bush soon and I will be looking for more than just a landscape shot -

Your wildlife images, especially the two zebra couples necking, are very impressive.

Mal

jduncan

I always find it amusing that the apparently tiny company Irident can write better code and give better results than Adobe which must have a massive fleet of programmers and developers. :wtf:
Hi,
I don't and they do not.
Can Phocus or Capture One interact with 3D software?
The issue is one of focus, no pun intended, adobe software is trying to be everything for everybody. Many features are derived from big client requests, and a lot of code is devoted to making the full suit work more or less together.
The have a bunch of corporate related tools and licensing code that tiny developers don't need to write.
To use an analogy is not rare that a hand tuned, old honda runs quicker than a brand new equivalent car.
Finally, Adobe is a big American corporation, as thus is the target of layers, the target of American college students that hate everything USA and that lead to complex processes to protect from legal liability.

Best regards,