The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Steven Friedman, New Exhibition and Phase One Artist Talk, Vancouver, Canada

stevenfr

I will be having a show in Vancouver at Harrison Galleries with 35 large scale prints for sale opening on April 5th. As well, on April 6th I will be doing a Phase One Artist talk Inspiration for creating the Images. As a Phase One photographer, I will give insight on my experience with the XF 100 MP camera and how its technical advancements support my artistic approach.

I hope to see some of you at this event. Tickets can be purchased for the talk, with the following link. The ticket proceeds go to Arts Umbrella, which is a not-for-profit arts education centre where young people cultivate creativity through Performing and Visual Arts programs.

Phase One Artist talk with Steven Friedman Tickets, Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 6:00 PM | Eventbrite

Steven

Jamgolf

If I was anywhere close to Vancouver I would've liked very much to view your work in person.
Hope you have a very successful show !

hcubell

I will be having a show in Vancouver at Harrison Galleries with 35 large scale prints for sale opening on April 5th. As well, on April 6th I will be doing a Phase One Artist talk Inspiration for creating the Images. As a Phase One photographer, I will give insight on my experience with the XF 100 MP camera and how its technical advancements support my artistic approach.

I hope to see some of you at this event. Tickets can be purchased for the talk, with the following link. The ticket proceeds go to Arts Umbrella, which is a not-for-profit arts education centre where young people cultivate creativity through Performing and Visual Arts programs.

Phase One Artist talk with Steven Friedman Tickets, Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 6:00 PM | Eventbrite

Steven
Congratulations, Steven. I would love to attend, but it's too far. Perhaps you can put up a video of the talk on YouTube.

Last edited:

stevenfr

Congratulations, Steven. I would love to attend, but it's too far. Perhaps you can put up a video of the talk on YouTube.
Hi Howard

Thanks for the idea on videotaping the talk. I will suugest it.

As we get closer to April, I will post a link with all the images. I will have numerous prints at 35" x 82" and 30" x 90".

Steven

D&A

Congratulations Steven. From your posted images, I can imagine how spectacularly lovely the printed versions would be. It would be great it your presentation could be streamed or an on line video posted. We'd all enjoy that!

Dave (D&A)

stevenfr

I just returned from a shoot and thought to give an update on the Phase One Artist talk and my show at Harrison Galleries in Vancouver. The show went very well, with 12 large prints sold so far, the smallest was at 30" x 40". I was surprised so many of the 30" x 90" and 35" x 82" prints sold. I have attached a few iphone pictures of my wife Joni at the show and one of me with a 30" x 90" print. All of these prints ended up selling. The show is still up at Harrison Galleries if you have not had a chance to see it. The artist talk lasted about 2 hrs and we had about 60 people attend. Unfortunately, there was no video taken of the talk.

Steven

hcubell

I just returned from a shoot and thought to give an update on the Phase One Artist talk and my show at Harrison Galleries in Vancouver. The show went very well, with 12 large prints sold so far, the smallest was at 30" x 40". I was surprised so many of the 30" x 90" and 35" x 82" prints sold. I have attached a few iphone pictures of my wife Joni at the show and one of me with a 30" x 90" print. All of these prints ended up selling. The show is still up at Harrison Galleries if you have not had a chance to see it. The artist talk lasted about 2 hrs and we had about 60 people attend. Unfortunately, there was no video taken of the talk.

Steven
Congratulations, Steven. Beautiful work. I would be interested in hearing the details on the prints (i.e., printer and media) and how you framed them for the show. They appear to be face mounted to plexi.

stevenfr

Congratulations, Steven. Beautiful work. I would be interested in hearing the details on the prints (i.e., printer and media) and how you framed them for the show. They appear to be face mounted to plexi.
Howard

I print all my images using a Canon IPF8400 with Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta paper. The print are mounted to dibond. We have a special way we finish the prints so that no plexi is needed.

Steven

hcubell

Howard

I print all my images using a Canon IPF8400 with Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta paper. The print are mounted to dibond. We have a special way we finish the prints so that no plexi is needed.

Steven
How do you protect the surface of the print from UV, dust, etc.?

stevenfr

How do you protect the surface of the print from UV, dust, etc.?
Sorry Howard I have spent a lot of time figuring out how to make this work without plexi and won't reveal what we do to finish the prints. People buy the prints because of the images and the compositions and they react to them when they are seen at this scale.