The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lee SW150 with Phase One SK 35 LS - Does it vignette?

Craig Stocks

I searched in the forum and didn't find an answer. Is anyone using that combination? Can you confirm if it vignettes with the 35mm LS? Thanks.

steve_cor

Craig,
Besides the vignetting issue, I haven't heard that it fits. Because the Lee SW150 was not designed for the Phase One SK 35 LS.

Christopher

Can't say anything about the Lee system, however the largest Cokin system, I think it's 130mm, works perfectly with the 35LS.

Craig Stocks

For clarification this is the sw150 threaded screw-on adapter to use on conventional threaded lenses. Lee makes them in 72, 77, 82, 86, 95 and 105 mm sizes so you can use the SW150 filter holder with conventional lenses. I already have the SW150 setup for the 28mm lens so it would be nice if it could also be used with the 35.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I use the SW150 with the 35LS BR and 28D. It does not vignette in my experience. I use it with the square polarizer and also little, big and super stoppers.

The ring on the 35BR is quite a monstrosity and once it's on I use a hoodhat over it vs using the lens cap. It fits like a wide angle adapter (well doh!) and the main part of the ring fits backwards from the front of the lens and hence the filter mount is pretty much flush with the front of the lens and is light tight.

algrove

Would the Nisi filters be better for use on the SW150 than the corresponding Lee filters for use on the 100MP DB?

MILESF

Can anyone using this system for their LS35 post a photo of the setup? TIA.
This shows the SW150 Ring.

This shows the SW150 filter holder also on the SK35mm. Note that the filters will sit flush with the front of the lens due to the 'depth' of the ring.

This shows the Lee 105mm polariser mounted on the lens filter thread. (Please excuse the dust)

Both systems work fine and I cannot see any vignetting. The only reall drawback is that the filter rings are a bit bulky if you have lenses with different filter threads.

algrove

Anyone using the Nisi filters on their S-K BR lenses? Perhaps marketing, but Nisi says their filters are the only ones that perform without issues on the IQ3100 DB.

beano_z

This shows the SW150 Ring.

This shows the SW150 filter holder also on the SK35mm. Note that the filters will sit flush with the front of the lens due to the 'depth' of the ring.

This shows the Lee 105mm polariser mounted on the lens filter thread. (Please excuse the dust)

Both systems work fine and I cannot see any vignetting. The only reall drawback is that the filter rings are a bit bulky if you have lenses with different filter threads.

Thank you so much for posting this, surprisingly Lee themselves doesn't even have similar photos as reference! I always wished someone would make a holder like this, this will be ideal to use on the Rodenstock 32mm with center filter!

beano_z

I used the 86mm SW150 ring with the 32HR - it works fine. (Although I didn't use the CF with my 32Hr).
It's mainly the center filter that messes things up, when I asked ALPA for a lens shade solution for the 32 + center filter, they just told me to try the Lee holder :loco:

Anyway, seriously considering to try this Lee combo...

MILESF

It's mainly the center filter that messes things up, when I asked ALPA for a lens shade solution for the 32 + center filter, they just told me to try the Lee holder :loco:

Anyway, seriously considering to try this Lee combo...
It took me a long tme to work it out and the Lee website is minimally helpful but this setup works fine both with and without the CF and the appropriate SW150 holders (I also have the HR32m). People do advise against adding weight to the front of this lens though.

beano_z

It took me a long tme to work it out and the Lee website is minimally helpful but this setup works fine both with and without the CF and the appropriate SW150 holders (I also have the HR32m). People do advise against adding weight to the front of this lens though.
You're absolutely right about the Lee website....so thank you for being the guinea pig on this one :salute:

Meanwhile, I've ordered my set too, with the 105mm adapter ring, regarding the weight, I have a feeling that static weight should be OK, as long as you don't tear and pull on the whole things while on the lens. The Lee holder looks easy enough the mount and remove from the adapter ring (unlike the Cokin, which is a pain), so I'm pretty optimistic about it.

algrove

Does this Lee SW150 holder take 2mm filters or only 4mm filters? No where can I find it mentioning an answer to that question even on the B&H site.