The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

quiestion about fuji gfx 50 and 63mm lens

msadat

i just got mine and when it focuses it makes weird sounds but it does focus. it sort like the early fuji x lenses sound. the 120 is normal

The 63mm has no Linear Motor (LM abbreviation). LM is not a ring-type ultrasonic autofocus motor (Canon/Nikon) but still provides quiet operation and relative good speed. Fuji-Lenses that do not have the LM marking (like the 63mm and the future 45mm) use a regular coreless DC motor for autofocusing, which some would characterize as whining. :cry:

Paul2660

The 120mm has a issue of the floating element for the OIS system. The only time that element doesn't make noise is when the camera is in playback mode for me. Any other time, camera off and or lens off camera just picking up the lens, you can hear something moving around. I wish there was a way to lock that part, as I wonder over time if there will be misalignment issues. Pictures I have taken with the 120mm are very sharp, so nothing wrong yet, still would prefer not to have the movement.

Paul Caldwell

msadat

i have sigma 17-50 os which is exactly like that, first time around, i sent it back for a replacement and the same thing came back. i have had the lens for a long time and its still working. as soon as i picked the 120 i knew what it was. and u are right it is the ois

The 120mm has a issue of the floating element for the OIS system. The only time that element doesn't make noise is when the camera is in playback mode for me. Any other time, camera off and or lens off camera just picking up the lens, you can hear something moving around. I wish there was a way to lock that part, as I wonder over time if there will be misalignment issues. Pictures I have taken with the 120mm are very sharp, so nothing wrong yet, still would prefer not to have the movement.

Paul Caldwell