The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Reconditioning Phase Batteries

J

julius0377

I have four batteries for my P45+ back, marked 1,2,3,4. Number one and two have been used extensively (nr. 1 the most). Number three and four have mostly been backup batteries that have been used on some larger shoots about 4 or 5 times (I power a lot from my MBP as well.)

Number one is almost finished, it will not hold much of a charge, number two is fine, but three and four (the least used ones) will not charge to 100% at all, the charger shows 40% for one and 60 % for the other before going blank. Number two is the only one that will go to 100 % on the charger.

Is there a way to recondition battery 3 and 4, as they have seen little use, and are only about 1 year old...?

Thanks for any tips and tricks.

J

julius0377

Oh... forgot to say they are all the original p1 2500 versions...

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I'm open to correction on this, but I think you can try running a battery right down, until it has absolutely no charge, then recharge it. It certainly works for my cellphone batteries!
Bill