The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Website - 1 Year of Blood Sweat and Tears!

Howdy folks
It's been a while since I posted. I've lost a year of my life and sanity to my new website which I thought I would show you. I make my living from my urban and rural landscapes plus my architectural work. Over the years it's sort of 50/50 in terms of income. Sometimes more of one than the other. I do not have a physical gallery but I sell very large pieces to clients. When I set up the site in 2008 I never really imagined I would be selling anything more than small framed pieces so one couldn't even buy the large pieces, see prices, sizes and other info on the old site. It would have to be re written. I couldn't even add new categories so several images were never even seen. So there has always been a challenge selling the concept of large pieces to new customers. I have done quite ok selling the large pieces but I knew things could improve.
The old site had images that were 750 pixels wide. That was fine when I initially was photographing on a Mamiya 7 and than the Hasselblad H3D39 but soon after buying the Hassie I invested in a view Camera system and I was smitten straight away. I started stitching almost immediately. Been a big movie fan I love the panoramic format. These 750 pixel wide images were starting to look a bit small onscreen! Than I started the forest series and started shooting rotational panoramics. These 750 pixel wide images were starting to look REALLY small!
So I knew it was time for a change. One year later I finished the site so please have a look. Click here to see the home page. The gallery thumbnails have a lazy load like Facebook. You can see these images in large size if you. If you want to see more images in large size just let more thumbnails load by scrolling down.

M

mjr

I agree, some really beautiful images on the site, really nicely presented, worth the effort I'd say!

Mat

PedroL

Howdy folks
It's been a while since I posted. I've lost a year of my life and sanity to my new website which I thought I would show you. I make my living from my urban and rural landscapes plus my architectural work. Over the years it's sort of 50/50 in terms of income. Sometimes more of one than the other. I do not have a physical gallery but I sell very large pieces to clients. When I set up the site in 2008 I never really imagined I would be selling anything more than small framed pieces so one couldn't even buy the large pieces, see prices, sizes and other info on the old site. It would have to be re written. I couldn't even add new categories so several images were never even seen. So there has always been a challenge selling the concept of large pieces to new customers. I have done quite ok selling the large pieces but I knew things could improve.
The old site had images that were 750 pixels wide. That was fine when I initially was photographing on a Mamiya 7 and than the Hasselblad H3D39 but soon after buying the Hassie I invested in a view Camera system and I was smitten straight away. I started stitching almost immediately. Been a big movie fan I love the panoramic format. These 750 pixel wide images were starting to look a bit small onscreen! Than I started the forest series and started shooting rotational panoramics. These 750 pixel wide images were starting to look REALLY small!
So I knew it was time for a change. One year later I finished the site so please have a look. Click here to see the home page. The gallery thumbnails have a lazy load like Facebook. You can see these images in large size if you. If you want to see more images in large size just let more thumbnails load by scrolling down.

Great work Enda, congratulations, keep it up.

Nice job, Enda. I had never seen your commercial before and must say it is excellent.
Thanks John. My professional background is in architecture. I have been taking landscapes since I was a child but I also love everything do to with design. So it's always a real pleasure to photograph these beautiful projects.

Looks great ! And great images !

Did you actually develop the new site yourself?
Thanks Doug
I had a really good web designer that I sourced who lives in Berlin. A great guy. He was very good at developing my ideas and making them work. The shop for example. A lot of work went into that. He also brought many great ideas to the table himself.

dchew

Looks wonderful Enda! Well worth the wait and the effort. Beautiful images and very nice presentation.

Dave

Last edited:

DB5

A very good site with great work! I did in particular think the shop was well done with the print size simulation too. i know how stressful that site process can be :loco:

Good work Enda!

A very good site with great work! I did in particular think the shop was well done with the print size simulation too. i know how stressful that site process can be :loco:

Good work Enda!
Tell me about it I was going a wee bit (more than usual) insane for a few months on the shop. :)