The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad to be bought by Amazon

Shashin

Seattle, Washington: Amazon just announced their purchase of the great Norwegian Company, Hasselblad. This new strategic partnership will promise not only great products, but also delivered the next day. The Hasselblad spokesman said in a statement, "just imagine if we had that last August for our X1D." When asked about this unlikely partnership, Amazon state that both companies had a lot in common, referencing the Amazon Fire and the Hasselblad Stella product development and release. Asked whether Amazon this was a deviation from Amazon's core business, the spokesman said he had a camera in is Samsung smart phone, which took great selfies, "I mean, how hard is it to use Instagram? And those pictures are square too." When asking the Hasselblad spokesman about this shift in the core business, he said, "look, they just gave us a ton of cash, we have not had that in a long time." When asked if this might be a blow to the brand's image, he said, "what? After the Stella and Lunar product releases?" Neither companies took additional questions because they could not stop laughing.

PhiloFarmer

Well...for some of us who have shot Hassy systems for more than 40+years...anything is a surprise!

Could it be beneficial...??...good question.

If Amazon does to Hassy what they have done to other vendors (cutting vendor's profit margins with Amazon shipping charges....hounding vendors to compromise...abused customers with price-scamming ala Google Analytics)...then for Hassy...it's really an "end-game," and not in a good way.

Let's all hope for the best...and prepare for the worst....

Time will tell its tale....

Cheers...(I think...)

Hank

algrove

Seattle, Washington: Amazon just announced their purchase of the great Norwegian Company, Hasselblad. This new strategic partnership will promise not only great products, but also delivered the next day. The Hasselblad spokesman said in a statement, "just imagine if we had that last August for our X1D." When asked about this unlikely partnership, Amazon state that both companies had a lot in common, referencing the Amazon Fire and the Hasselblad Stella product development and release. Asked whether Amazon this was a deviation from Amazon's core business, the spokesman said he had a camera in is Samsung smart phone, which took great selfies, "I mean, how hard is it to use Instagram? And those pictures are square too." When asking the Hasselblad spokesman about this shift in the core business, he said, "look, they just gave us a ton of cash, we have not had that in a long time." When asked if this might be a blow to the brand's image, he said, "what? After the Stella and Lunar product releases?" Neither companies took additional questions because they could not stop laughing.
Just read this on 2 April and as soon as I read "great Norwegian Company" I realized the post was well S#*%. Norway is not Sweden.