The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I own a Toyota RAV 4, 2006 model, what camera should I buy?

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

I am a bit tired of those car analogies. Anyways, I happen to own a Toyota RAV 4, Diesel, year 2006. I might buy some new car next year or so, possibly a small camper.

So, what camera should I buy?

Right now, I own a pretty complete Hasselblad V system with a P45+ back, which I will keep as I won't get any decent amount of money for it.

Nightyfive percent of my shooting is with Sony A7rII using Canon lenses, with some Contax lenses and some Sony thrown in.

Consider to get a Canon 100-400 zoom and a Canon 7DII to shoot birds and wildlife.

Perhaps i should need to get a new car to match my needs? What would that be?

Best regards
Erik

tbullock

Hi,

I am a bit tired of those car analogies. Anyways, I happen to own a Toyota RAV 4, Diesel, year 2006. I might buy some new car next year or so, possibly a small camper.

So, what camera should I buy?

Right now, I own a pretty complete Hasselblad V system with a P45+ back, which I will keep as I won't get any decent amount of money for it.

Nightyfive percent of my Shooting is with Sony A7rII using Canon lenses, with some Contax lenses and some Sony thrown in.

Consider to get a Canon 100-400 zoom and a Canon 7DII to shoot birds and wildlife.

Perhaps i should need to get a new car to match my needs? What would that be?

Best regards
Erik
I would seriously consider a blind, impulsive change to a truly superior German or Swedish made car, even if it's useless for your needs. Because trust me, you need it, and you'll notice the difference. Never mind if it's too expensive for what it is. Ignore facts contrary to my advice.

Plus, if you upgrade your car to a true premium model, that feeling of self-satisfaction that comes with owning the "best" could give you the mindset needed to give advice in forums based on your feelings! Submitting to feelings--to marketing--would save so much of the time spent investigating facts!

tashley

Subscriber Member
I think you should buy a Google Streetview car. Imagine the number of photos it could take....

cerett

If your car is running fine (diesel!), I would keep it. Why deal with all the headaches a new car brings along with it. Instead, I would go for the Canon 100-400 II (fabulous lens) and 7dMII, great combination with the crop factor. Happy Sunday!

bab

I would buy a flying car there are four companies making them right now if you have time you can order now and take delivery in 2018. My next photography vehicle will be a Jeep with a camper on top, the new tent tops set up in 2 min.
Plus Jeeps go anywhere.IMG_0603.JPG

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

Both items are on my shopping list...

Best regards
Erik

If your car is running fine (diesel!), I would keep it. Why deal with all the headaches a new car brings along with it. Instead, I would go for the Canon 100-400 II (fabulous lens) and 7dMII, great combination with the crop factor. Happy Sunday!

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

Just to say, I had a lot of rental cars. Among them I like Volkswagen, not the Audi stuff. That said, i had problems with the trunk on most Volkswagen cars. It may be a jewel of precision, but if you cannot close it, it is just a mess.

Best regards
Erik

I would seriously consider a blind, impulsive change to a truly superior German or Swedish made car, even if it's useless for your needs. Because trust me, you need it, and you'll notice the difference. Never mind if it's too expensive for what it is. Ignore facts contrary to my advice.

Plus, if you upgrade your car to a true premium model, that feeling of self-satisfaction that comes with owning the "best" could give you the mindset needed to give advice in forums based on your feelings! Submitting to feelings--to marketing--would save so much of the time spent investigating facts!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My Toyota, which is almost as old as yours, carries my Nikon D2Xs of more or less the same vintage effortlessly around. It's a fine match and the camera is worth even less than your car. Buy one while you can :lecture:

I would just wrap your car in gaffer's tape and you'll feel like it's new and stealthy. Maybe get one of the Lunar's hand grips and put that on the shifter too. It will make it look nicer and match your Hasselblad camera. I'd also recommend joining some car forums, you'll get lots of great unbiased advice!

:ROTFL:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I'm surprised this hasn't shown up yet. Notice the camera on the far right?
Canon 5200mm f/14 :)

--Matt

(Of course, the Keck telescopes are something like 17,500mm f/1.8. Yes, that's a 10 meter aperture.)

V

Vivek

Sell the P45 and buy a drone. You can do photography at a different level.