The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

h6d firmware tech cam finally

Boinger

So just thought I would put this out there

if you use pinhole mode it works like an electronic shutter but with a max shutter speed of 1/8th s

masud

if you use pinhole mode it works like an electronic shutter but with a max shutter speed of 1/8th s
Just so I don't misunderstand, by "max shutter speed" do you mean that the longest is 1/8 sec or the shortest is 1/8 sec?
Thanks much!

Boinger

Just so I don't misunderstand, by "max shutter speed" do you mean that the longest is 1/8 sec or the shortest is 1/8 sec?
Thanks much!
Shortest is 1/8th sec.

The longest is quite far I didn't explore a maximum in my body.

bernardl

How is the H6D powered on a tech camera. Is there a external power pack?

Thanks
Paul Caldwell
Yes Paul.

Please refer to pages 164-168 of the latest manual linked below. Power is provided through the DC input socket from an external power bank. One pack from XTPower is confirmed to have been tested but others should work also.

There are 2 modes:
- Flash sync mode for lenses equipped with a flash sync port (the lens controls speed and aperture)
- pinhole mode for lenses not equipped with one (the back controls the shutter speed and triggers the capture on screen)

http://static.hasselblad.com/2016/04/H6D-User-Manual-v1.4-170418.pdf

Sounds like a workable solution to me. I am considering to 3Dprint a soft plastic bracket that would enable to carry the battery with the back, should be painless.

Cheers,
Bernard

Boinger

I am currently Using the XTPower Mp-32000

Much larger capacity then the one listed in Hasselblad manual it seems to work fine as it is the same company I use that in my studio environment but I have ordered the Hasselblad recommended power pack.

As soon as you plug the cable in it automatically turns on.

I just velcro'd the power pack to my studio stand and will probably hang it on my tripod just for simplicity.

Attachments