The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

loose pc connection

Stan Lawrence

I have a hasselblad H4D-40, the pc connection is loose....is this something I can fix myself? If not, is there an authorized repair on the west coast? thanks...

TRixxY

Hello Stan,

recently I opened up my H3D to check the connections of the PC port myself as I'm having trouble fiering my flashes by YN622 triggers (only ptoblems with the H3D).
If you have some good screwdrivers (high quality) and nuts ;) go and open up.
You need to be carefull when opening the back, there is a small bolt for the detaching mechanism of the digital back, the shorter side needs to point oitwards when reasembling. It's quite easy

- remove the cover near the PC port for the additonal (never prpduced?) acessory.
- remove the screws you can see below
- remove the screws at the back (be aware the mentioned bolt is attached to a spring with tension and loose!)
- remove the nut for the necklace (sorry, don't know the english term) ... you'll see
- slide out the part with the PC port, first remove all cables with pliers carefully

Maybe only the 2 screws underneath the prptective cover of the acessory port are loose ... give it a try.
When uncrewing the screws for the back, make sure to use enough tension, so you don't damage the screws itself with a slipping screwdriver, the screws are secured with screwglue, if you have some blue one use it when closing everything down, you can also use a very small amount of superglue (? It's called Sekundenkleber in hermany, the glue that tightens within seconds), 1/4 drop will be ok ...

Have fun, , ake pictures I forgott when i opened the back...

TRixxY

Anyway had to turn my bolt, as it was mounted the wrong way .. so just openened up again and made some pictures...

Needed screwdriver for my H3D body is PH0

4 screws in the back

DSC_0003 by Mike La Bruna, auf Flickr

3 screws at the PC port, check this first, maybe only the screw is loose near the PC port, if it moves and the screw is tight, it is definitely a duty for the service!
The pcb board is broken then ... did the cam fall or got hit, when an cable was attached?

DSC_0004 by Mike La Bruna, auf Flickr

Nut for the necklace and remove the pin for the release button (just slide it out, be aware springs inside)

DSC_0009 by Mike La Bruna, auf Flickr

When lifting the bacl plate, make sure bolt and spring don't get lost, it WILL jump out.
For reassembly put the bolt into the back plate and put it under tension, be carefull it is very unstable.
Put the spring into the hole in the body, reassemble and secure immediately with one screw...

DSC_0006 by Mike La Bruna, auf Flickr

DSC_0008 by Mike La Bruna, auf Flickr