Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Are there any solutions for FujiFilm GFX and Cambo Ultima?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Are there any solutions for FujiFilm GFX and Cambo Ultima?

    I have Cambo Ultima 23 and IQ160 and I would like to try FujiFilm GFX with Ultima. Are there any solutions, adapters for GFX to be used on a view camera?

  2. #2
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    141

    Re: Are there any solutions for FujiFilm GFX and Cambo Ultima?

    Fuji is making an adapter for a 4x5 grafloc back on a view camera.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are there any solutions for FujiFilm GFX and Cambo Ultima?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    Fuji is making an adapter for a 4x5 grafloc back on a view camera.
    Thank you!
    But, unfortunately, it's only 4x5. I hope Kapture Group, or some one else, wil come up with a 2x3 solution soon.

  4. #4
    Senior Member stephengilbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    2,272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Are there any solutions for FujiFilm GFX and Cambo Ultima?

    It'll have to be someone else, I think. From KG's Facebook page, last June: "Thanks for a great 25 years. We are pretty much out of business."

    Too bad.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are there any solutions for FujiFilm GFX and Cambo Ultima?

    Quote Originally Posted by stephengilbert View Post
    It'll have to be someone else, I think. From KG's Facebook page, last June: "Thanks for a great 25 years. We are pretty much out of business."

    Too bad.
    Yes, too bad. Keith is a great guy. Yesterday I sent him an email, but it was returned :
    "Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address."

  6. #6
    Member CAMBOUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are there any solutions for FujiFilm GFX and Cambo Ultima?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pics2 View Post
    I have Cambo Ultima 23 and IQ160 and I would like to try FujiFilm GFX with Ultima. Are there any solutions, adapters for GFX to be used on a view camera?
    Great question. Forgive me for sharing a facebook post, but I wanted to make you aware of something in the pipeline. I'll try to get some more information once I am back in the office tomorrow.

    https://www.facebook.com/CamboBV/pho...type=3&theater

    https://www.facebook.com/CamboBV/pho...type=3&theater

    It is an adapter piece that allows for the conversion from the Ultima into the Actus XL and will allow for the GFX to be used in the way you are looking for.
    Blake Griffin - Channel Manager - Cambo USA
    Cambousa.com Email
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are there any solutions for FujiFilm GFX and Cambo Ultima?

    Conversion kit to upgrade Ultima to Actus-XL is on Cambo's web page but GFX is not mentioned.
    https://www.cambo.com/en/view-cam/ul...tyle/acxl-365/

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are there any solutions for FujiFilm GFX and Cambo Ultima?

    Quote Originally Posted by CAMBOUSA View Post
    Great question. Forgive me for sharing a facebook post, but I wanted to make you aware of something in the pipeline. I'll try to get some more information once I am back in the office tomorrow.

    https://www.facebook.com/CamboBV/pho...type=3&theater

    https://www.facebook.com/CamboBV/pho...type=3&theater

    It is an adapter piece that allows for the conversion from the Ultima into the Actus XL and will allow for the GFX to be used in the way you are looking for.
    Thank you for you reply. It looks very good, I hope it will be on the market soon.
    Are there, by any chance, going to be any solutions for existing Ultima users? At the moment, I don't plan to upgrade to an Actus, I've invested in five lenses and lens plates, digital back adapter, both belows etc.

  9. #9
    Member CAMBOUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are there any solutions for FujiFilm GFX and Cambo Ultima?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pics2 View Post
    Thank you for you reply. It looks very good, I hope it will be on the market soon.
    Are there, by any chance, going to be any solutions for existing Ultima users? At the moment, I don't plan to upgrade to an Actus, I've invested in five lenses and lens plates, digital back adapter, both belows etc.
    From Cambo HQ:

    "ACXL-366 is the conversion kit from Ultima to Actus-XL/GFX. And it is available. In fact it is the same as the upgrade from Ultima to Actus-XL35, but with a dedicated GFX bayonet holder.

    This is the upgrade for existing Ultima owners. It gives them the possibility to add Actus versatility to their Ultima cameras. Main advantage is the way the body flips from horizontal to portrait around the bayonet. Much more convenient than the L-bracket system that is required with the Ultima."

    The good news is that your lenses should still be usable with the correct Actus plate, and if you do wish to use the Ultima as you have it configured now, its just a matter of removing some screws, sliding the conversion kit off, and replacing the original standards.
    Blake Griffin - Channel Manager - Cambo USA
    Cambousa.com Email
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are there any solutions for FujiFilm GFX and Cambo Ultima?

    Thank you for the info!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •