The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Removing XF back cover plate?

Jamgolf

I realize this is a really dumb question ... so please excuse my ignorance.

I've just received an XF camera body and I dont know how to remove the back cover plate i.e. the plate that needs to be removed so the digital back can be attached. I should RTFM - I know :) I've done that.

The manual has a section titled:
Removing the IQ Digital Back from the XF Camera Body
"Push the IQ Digital Back lock slider toward the XF camera body while simultaneously pressing the IQ Digital Back release button. Note that the lock slider acts as a safety catch."

But there is no section (or reference) in the manual about removing the back cover, which does not have a release button or lock slider.
So, please help me out. How the heck can the back plate be removed?

I dont want to apply brute force and damage something.

Last edited:

Paul2660

Grab the plate with your fingers in the area where it's indented. Pull down and out. Plate will pop right off.

When putting it back on reverse process apply a bit of pressure downwards and slide the plate into the hooks.

Paul Caldwell

Phase V

Put your thumb under the down side of the plate and then gently press on top
to squeeze it a bit and it will pop of. (Hopefully)

algrove

I had a similar experience my first and second time trying it.

I found pushing down on the top between the two hooks until you see the plastic giving way was the easiest for me.

There must be a better way to say it, but that is my explanation.

Jamgolf

Oh no - and I thought it was Dante' making me act so crazy ...
God help me, now that Dante' is out :)

aztwang

Does this mean you pulled the trigger and selected the XF over the Hassy? If so good choice and good luck, you'll love it. Lotsa things to learn, I love mine!!

Jamgolf

Does this mean you pulled the trigger and selected the XF over the Hassy? If so good choice and good luck, you'll love it. Lotsa things to learn, I love mine!!
Yes, I picked XF. I posted my reasons in the other thread.
Thanks & I hope my experience will be as positive as yours has been.

Last edited:

Jamgolf

Who did you purchase it from, I would think that their support should be able to help you?
I get most of my equipment from Steve Hendrix at Capture Integration but this XF was actually purchased on eBay.
Although I still could've asked Steve, he is a super helpful human being and a very very patient person.

I just thought I'd get quick answers on the forum, which I did (I think it was 1AM in Arkansas, when Paul replied).
That's why I like this forum so much.

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

I don't know Steve in person, but my impression is that he is a totally honest and great person. So is also Paul…

Best regards
Erik

I get most of my equipment from Steve Hendrix at Capture Integration but this XF was actually purchased on eBay.
Although I still could've asked Steve, he is a super helpful human being and a very very patient person.

I just thought I'd get quick answers on the forum, which I did (I think it was 1AM in Arkansas, when Paul replied).
That's why I like this forum so much.

ocarlo

Cool. Now I don't feel so alone lol...
had the exact same experience when my XF and IQ180 arrived yesterday.
Had to call CI tech support, and spent more time explaining what a doofus I was than the actual question.
They asked me to remove the viewfinder first - that can't be standard SOP right?
It also seemed like it was butting up against the viewfinder when putting it back on...
Alas, I had to pack my gear straightaway for my upcoming trip.