The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1D issue with viewfinder, please help!!!!!!

etto72

I recently received this amazing camera but I am sad to report that suddenly out of the blue the image in the viewfinder appears to be unclear and blurry!!:angry:
I thought that it was the diopter and I tried to adjust it with the dial but nothing changed :scry::scry::scry::scry:
The camera still works perfectly when using the LCD but as I said the viewfinder its usless
I am not a tech guy but I have the impression that is something to do with the diopter
I guess I should bring the camera to Hasselblad repair center in NJ

Any advice?

Thanks

cerett

I recently received this amazing camera but I am sad to report that suddenly out of the blue the image in the viewfinder appears to be unclear and blurry!!:angry:
I thought that it was the diopter and I tried to adjust it with the dial but nothing changed :scry::scry::scry::scry:
The camera still works perfectly when using the LCD but as I said the viewfinder its usless
I am not a tech guy but I have the impression that is something to do with the diopter
I guess I should bring the camera to Hasselblad repair center in NJ

Any advice?

Thanks
For what it's worth, I would call Hasselblad on Monday and see if there is some quick fix.

tcdeveau

have you tried removing and reinserting the battery? my viewfinder didn't come on once and was unresponsive to the eyepiece sensor and removing and reinserting the battery did the trick. there are some other quirks with the camera that this seems to remedy too. good luck!

etto72

have you tried removing and reinserting the battery? my viewfinder didn't come on once and was unresponsive to the eyepiece sensor and removing and reinserting the battery did the trick. there are some other quirks with the camera that this seems to remedy too. good luck!
I did a full firmware reset!
it didn't work :(
To me it looks like being a problem with the optic of the viewfinder!

Thanks anyway

Photon42

Most viewfinders sport an diopter adjustment. I bet the reason is that you have accidentally turned it. Some small adjustment screw/knob close to the the viewfinder. Switch the camera on, target something white and adjust the diopter to see the crosshair/focus box sharp.

etto72

Most viewfinders sport an diopter adjustment. I bet the reason is that you have accidentally turned it. Some small adjustment screw/knob close to the the viewfinder. Switch the camera on, target something white and adjust the diopter to see the crosshair/focus box sharp.
Thanks
This is the first thing I tried!!
and I must say that it really feels like being something related to the diopter but I can't fix it :(

jduncan

Thanks
This is the first thing I tried!!
and I must say that it really feels like being something related to the diopter but I can't fix it :(
How is your issue going? did you get it fixed? did you get help?

Best regards,

etto72

How is your issue going? did you get it fixed? did you get help?

Best regards,
Thanks for your concern!!
I sent the camera to the facility in NJ
They have to replace a piece in the viewfinder, hopefully they will receive the replacment part which is shipping from Sweden early next week and i hope to get the camera later that week or the following one:scry:

Hope for the best
Ettore

dave.gt

Thanks for your concern!!
I sent the camera to the facility in NJ
They have to replace a piece in the viewfinder, hopefully they will receive the replacment part which is shipping from Sweden early next week and i hope to get the camera later that week or the following one:scry:

Hope for the best
Ettore
Sounds like great customer service!! An answer in days, a plan, an order for parts and a week or so turnaround. Beats my Leica experiences!

Hope you get it back soon so bonding can begin anew.:thumbup:

etto72

Today I will get back my X1D 4116 camera, waiting for UPS to show up at my door :clap::clap:!
I shipped it for repair on the 9th, and they had to order a new EVF module from Sweden
It seems to me like a good service!

Cant wait to have it in my hands again

Cheers
E

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

Congrats!

And yes, it sounds as good service.

Best regards
Erik

Today I will get back my X1D 4116 camera, waiting for UPS to show up at my door :clap::clap:!
I shipped it for repair on the 9th, and they had to order a new EVF module from Sweden
It seems to me like a good service!

Cant wait to have it in my hands again

Cheers
E

cerett

So much for Hasselblad's QC
With all due respect, what does this have to do with Hasselblad's QC? The camera initially worked fine out of box and then there was an apparent issue with the viewfinder. Hasselblad immediately addressed it and now, I assume, it is fixed. Blanket statements like yours don't add anything to this forum.