The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D-50c v Hasselblad H6D-50c

-Both cameras have the same sensor
- The H6D has more native lenses
- The H6D has a tilt shift adapter
- The H6D has True Focus

$8995 v $25995

Is the H6D really good value for money?

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

It may depend on your needs. You could add:

• X1D-50c has native lenses built for 44x33 mm format
  • X1D-50c has multiple focus points
  • X1D-50c can adapt HC lenses and possibly also the tilt adapter
  • X1D-50c will probably have 100 MP capability within two years, as such a sensor has been annouced by Sony

How well does AF work on the X1D-50c?

Best regards
Erik

-Both cameras have the same sensor
- The H6D has more native lenses
- The H6D has a tilt shift adapter
- The H6D has True Focus

$8995 v $25995

Is the H6D really good value for money?

tcdeveau

I'd argue it's certainly not a good value if one buys the H6D-50c new, especially because Hasselblad USA already has CPO H6D-50c's for as low as $13k USD (http://hasselbladbron.com/cpo.pdf), but the H6D-50c does have its merits. Although I love the X1D I do miss the H system. They have different feels to them but that's just my personal subjective opinion. Just ordered the XH adapter (which will come.....sometime) so I can use the X1D with H lenses, and that will make it easier to get back into the H system some day.

deardorff8x10

I have the H6D, and have only demoed the X1D. The H6D is a lot bigger and heavier, but I love the viewfinder. I am probably just used to an optical VF, but I find it really wonderful to use. I think the lcd VF works fine, but has perhaps less apparent resolution and the contrast/gamut is very different.

If you have any interest in using a tech cam, then the H6D allows that. It seems like the HTS device allowing movements might eventually work with the X1D, but I am not sure if anyone has tried that. It works well on the H6.

Best of luck in making a decision,
Michael

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

Hasselblad could, in principle, build a version of the HTS usable on the X1D that did not use a focal length extension, due to the short flange distance on the X1D.

The X1D has a great potential, question is if Hasselblad will make use of it. I hope they will. IMHO, Hasselblad was always a company that was thinking 'out of the box'. The Flexbody, Arcbody and HTS are examples of that.

An X1D optimised version of the HTS could be very attractive.

Regarding OVF/EVF, I would say that EVF is in the early development age, while OVF is mature. My experience is with Sony EVF, and I find it is great under dim light conditions. In the outdoors I find an EVF needs a decent eye cup that shields external light.

I would expect to see a much improved X2D next year. I would expect 100 MP with on sensor phase detection AF capability and a much improved EVF. Why? Because Sony, who makes the sensor, has presented a roadmap showing 100 MP next year and PDAF is really the state of the art with CMOS sensors.

Best regards
Erik

I have the H6D, and have only demoed the X1D. The H6D is a lot bigger and heavier, but I love the viewfinder. I am probably just used to an optical VF, but I find it really wonderful to use. I think the lcd VF works fine, but has perhaps less apparent resolution and the contrast/gamut is very different.

If you have any interest in using a tech cam, then the H6D allows that. It seems like the HTS device allowing movements might eventually work with the X1D, but I am not sure if anyone has tried that. It works well on the H6.

Michael

bcambern

Michael
Ming Thein has experimented with the HTS on the X1D but no extensive comments on the performance.

https://blog.mingthein.com/2017/03/01/new-hasselblad-x-lenses/

jduncan

Hi,

It may depend on your needs. You could add:

• X1D-50c has native lenses built for 44x33 mm format
  • X1D-50c has multiple focus points
  • X1D-50c can adapt HC lenses and possibly also the tilt adapter
  • X1D-50c will probably have 100 MP capability within two years, as such a sensor has been announced by Sony

How well does AF work on the X1D-50c?

Best regards
Erik
  • The X1D-50c is weather sealed
  • The H6D system has a bigger sensor if you want one,

I agree about the H6D viewfinder, pair with the 100mm f2.2 is something to behold. Hasselblad should drop the price to 15K, but they probably have a reason to keep it that high.

Best regards,

kimyeesan

FWIW He commented on Facebook or somewhere that it performs like it does on the H series. HTS performance on the X1D is moot for the moment though because it requires the XH adapter, which doesn't seem like it will be shipping any time soon.
Meanwhile one could use the Fuji H adaptor on the GFX to use H lens and HTS...

tcdeveau

Meanwhile one could use the Fuji H adaptor on the GFX to use H lens and HTS...
I wonder if anyone has tried this, it probably works....and the Fuji H adapter has a tripod collar which is probably better for support long term. I would worry about stress/flex on the lens mounts over time with the X1D/XH/HTS/H combo.

kimyeesan

I wonder if anyone has tried this, it probably works....and the Fuji H adapter has a tripod collar which is probably better for support long term. I would worry about stress/flex on the lens mounts over time with the X1D/XH/HTS/H combo.
I have play around bit with one (didn't buy it cause I don't have any H lens) before passing it to my friend who actually bought it... no AF as advertised.