Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: X1D: Where are we at?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: X1D: Where are we at?

Question for those who bought the X1D as a downward move from a bigger P1 or Bald system.

Is there anything you miss over your say IQ180 or better ? I know the lenses are scarce but that aside could you sell off the other system ? Is the X1D that good ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    Question for those who bought the X1D as a downward move from a bigger P1 or Bald system.

Is there anything you miss over your say IQ180 or better ? I know the lenses are scarce but that aside could you sell off the other system ? Is the X1D that good ?
    In my humble opinion the X1D is not a professional system, it's in no way a genuine substitute for a full, reliable and stable system.

I have found the X1D to be very portable when carried in a billingham bag.

I was once told by a Hasselblad rep that the X1D is not intended to replace my full system professional camera and he was right. The X1D has replaced my Fuji X100T.

The X1D is inteded to compete with cameras that you take on holidays, streets, city breaks and other none professional implementations.

Post Thanks / Like

I went from a H4D-40 to a 645z to the X1D. For me, the X1D is a fine replacement for the H4D-40 and 645z, and anything I did with those two I can do on the X1D. The camera is still a little quirky and they have some bugs to iron out still, but it's nothing that's impeded my shooting (and can improved via firmware upgrades). The IQ is what you'd expect from the 50mp Sony CMOS sensor and the lenses are exceptionally sharp (aside from the octagonal bokeh of the 90mm). I definitely don't miss the size and the weight of the larger system, and the weight reduction in my camera bag on top of being able to use a smaller bag is great. Also, smaller lenses means smaller threads and smaller filters for landscape (100mm vs 150mm/165mm filters) which is definitely an advantage for anyone doing landscape. Coming from an IQ180, you'd lose resolution, but you can also stitch to make up for it. Having multiple focus points also comes in very handy on the tripod or handheld, and checking critical focus with focus magnification in live view is a snap. I liked the CCD tonality, but that also could just be in my head. For me, the only thing I miss about a bigger CCD system right now is simply rooted in nostalgia. I just need the 65mm to fill the 45-90mm gap and then I'll be all set for awhile. A lot of my most-liked pics on social media (taken with APS-C 35mm even) are simply a result of being in the right place at the right time, and with the X1D, having a small setup that doesn't have to be mounted on the tripod will help me out in that regard in the future.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fiver View Post
    In my humble opinion the X1D is not a professional system, it's in no way a genuine substitute for a full, reliable and stable system.

I have found the X1D to be very portable when carried in a billingham bag.

I was once told by a Hasselblad rep that the X1D is not intended to replace my full system professional camera and he was right. The X1D has replaced my Fuji X100T.

The X1D is inteded to compete with cameras that you take on holidays, streets, city breaks and other none professional implementations.
    I believe your assessment is inaccurate for someone like Mr. Dolde who photographs landscapes with an XF/IQ180. I think I have a bit of real world experience here, because (a) I tend to photograph the same sorts of things and (b) I have both an X1D and an H2/IQ180. The reality is that the X1D has four major advantages over the H2/IQ180. First, using magnified Live View to manually focus, you can much more effectively achieve perfect focus on exactly where you want to focus. Second, the dynamic range of the X1D with the Sony 50mp sensor is much greater. Third, you can comfortably use ISO 800 or even 1600 with the X1D. I never shoot the IQ180 above 100. And fourth, the X1D body and lenses are much much smaller, lighter and therefore more portable.
    For now, the only advantages with the H2/IQ180 are the more complete lens system and an extra 30mp. Both of them will disappear within the next 18 months or so.
    The X1D seems to me to be a poor choice for vacations/casual use. Too slow, so so AF, way more MP than needed for the intended end use.
    As for the Hasselblad rep who said that the X1D is not for "professional" use, I can understand why he might say that, put yourself in his shoes trying to sell the H6D 50 for $26k when someone can buy the X1D with the exact same sensor for $9500. He has to convince the amateurs that they need the "big dog" to look professional.

Ansel Adams is alleged to have said that the "best camera" is the heaviest camera that you are willing to carry. That made sense in the days when there was a clear relationship between the size of the film and the technical quality of the images for print making. Today, the "best camera" is the lightest camera available that still allows you to achieve what you want from a technical standpoint.
    Last edited by hcubell; 10th June 2017 at 12:20.
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody tried Phocus Mobile with wifi connection top X1D?
    I tried it but many functions are not operating, particularly autofocus. Is this the case with others?
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abed View Post
    Has anybody tried Phocus Mobile with wifi connection top X1D?
    I tried it but many functions are not operating, particularly autofocus. Is this the case with others?
    Yes. It works but could use some improvements IMHO. It can trigger the camera and can focus the lens, but there are some functions that are buggy. I particularly don't like that there's no countdown timer on the screen of the camera when you use the app to trigger the shutter. Sometimes image review with the app is buggy as well

Post Thanks / Like

Unless I'm misunderstanding, there appears to be a update to the so-called XCD 90mm oof "problem" posted at LuLa by an HB rep - XCD 90mm flaws reply #9.

"This is because the aperture is stopped down a few pulses to get to an exact f/3.2. This will be addressed in an upcoming firmware (updatable by the photographer) that will make sure the aperture is round at full aperture. Once FW addressing this is available, I'll personally post like here.
    Sincerely, Eric P."
    Last edited by wellfleet; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:49.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wellfleet View Post
    Unless I'm misunderstanding, there appears to be a update to the so-called XCD 90mm oof "problem" posted at LuLa by an HB rep - XCD 90mm flaws reply #9.

"This is because the aperture is stopped down a few pulses to get to an exact f/3.2. This will be addressed in an upcoming firmware (updatable by the photographer) that will make sure the aperture is round at full aperture. Once FW addressing this is available, I'll personally post like here.
    Sincerely, Eric P."
    Ooo that's good to know. This is my only gripe with the 90mm and only real disappointment with the X system so far

Post Thanks / Like

Somehow I think I could live with the X1D over the XF/IQ180 and probably have a few bucks left over after selling the P1 off and buying the X1D.

Not sure if I will though, such a hassle. But the high ISO capability is attractive as is the smaller lighter form.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the X1D have a built in sensor cleaner?
    Doug,

Don't know if anyone responded to this yet but the X1D does not have an internal sensor cleaner.

Thanks,

Eric P.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tcdeveau View Post
    Sadly I haven't had any time to do any serious photography with mine yet, but here's my 2 cents with my experience

I only just submitted my GPS claim so it's going to be awhile before I see mine. I don't use GPS much and it's not a big deal for me. Given the current need for wifi to remotely trigger the camera, I worry what GPS + Wifi would do for battery life for the camera as well.

I've always done my Hasselblad processing with Phocus first and then output Tif to lightroom. I agree LR could benefit from XCD lens corrections and would like to see that happen at some point. IDK if the hold up is with Hasselblad or Adobe though, it took Adobe quite a long time to get corrections for the Batis 18mm that I've been using for awhile.

Auto ISO important isn't that big a deal to me, but I agree the current implementation isn't great. If often gives me 1/focal length shutter speeds with auto iso in aperture priority mode which I'm finding to be inadequate for sharp photos. I'm finding that 1/focal length isn't cutting it in most circumstances for sharp photos and I try to stay about 1/3xfocal length or so. FWIW I found this to be an issue with the 645z as well and wasn't getting sharp photos with 1/focal length on the 645z either, and I'm just of the opinion that with 44x33mm sensors and up you really have to be careful and use good shooting technique if you want a high hit rate of sharp photos at 1/focal length. Of course this is going to be highly subjective to the shooter and technique dependent, etc etc etc, but this is the case with me.

I have had some lockups with the system that have required removing the battery, and my issues seem mainly to be that the EVF doesn't display anything and the EVF sensor is non-responsive. There's definitely some system stability improvements that could be made with firmware improvements. Other things I'd like to see via firmware updates are things like being able to mirror the card slots for backup, image review via EVF, and long exposure countdown timer on the screen when triggering via the phocus app. Live histogram via EVF and rear screen would also be great.

The thing I'm starting to get frustrated with is the availability of lenses and accessories. I'm at the point where I'm ready to add to the 45mm and 90mm to fill out my kit a little, but the 30mm has been out of sight in the US for at least the last couple of weeks and the XH adapter is also nowhere to be found. Lack of communication and lack of a reliable delivery window is getting tiresome. After some time triggering with the phocus app, while it serves its purpose, I'd also prefer a hardwired remote to trigger the shutter for tripod use. I've heard that Hasselblad is aware that users want this and it's something that they are working on supposedly, but some sort of official indication that they are working on one and a time frame would be appreciated. As I've said, while the Phocus app works, I've experienced some odd things like display of aperture and shutter speed not being consistent between the camera and the app which sometimes require app and/or camera restart/repairing.

All that being said, I'm really enjoying the camera and I'm more frustrated with my lack of actually getting out and using the camera (aka armchair photographer status) currently than I am frustrated with the system.
    Todd,

We appreciate your patient regarding product delivery. Currently, the XCD 30mm is shipping in the U.S., please contact [email protected] (Sales Rep. SE/US) or feel-free to reach out to me. Some good news, the XH Adapter will begin to ship by the end of June, first week of July.

Thanks,

Eric P.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HBIEVP View Post
    Todd,

We appreciate your patient regarding product delivery. Currently, the XCD 30mm is shipping in the U.S., please contact [email protected] (Sales Rep. SE/US) or feel-free to reach out to me. Some good news, the XH Adapter will begin to ship by the end of June, first week of July.

Thanks,

Eric P.
    Eric, will the XH Adapter include a tripod foot so that the X1D lens mount doesn't have to support the weight of heavier H series lenses?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HBIEVP View Post
    Todd,

Thanks,

Eric P.
    Thank you for the information Eric, I actually was able to find a 30mm XCD so I'm all set for now. Looking forward the XH adapter shipping too.

On another note, welcome to the forum!
    -Todd

Post Thanks / Like

The Camera Store's video review of the X1D is pretty telling

https://youtu.be/LJSRKsj31bE

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Satrycon View Post
    Good one! Excellent video with excellent images! Extraordinary, actually!
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Post Thanks / Like

The X1D is indeed a beautiful work of art, visually. The work of various artists show the performance possibilities of the camera and sensor. It seems to me that creating amazing photos is inspiring to others and in a world of chaos, it is hard work with commensurate rewards. A new camera like the X1D is bound to have startup issues, but I am confident it is and will continue to be a fantastic camera, ultimately limited only by the person behind the lens.

I am thankful for those like Ming Thien, Sails Chong and Kevin Then who are showing us the way. They really do create to inspire!
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: X1D: Where are we at?

Sounds like a good assessment, and I share in thanking the reviewers for helping me figure out 'where I'm at' – the title of the thread.

The CameraStore video made it clear that diving in right now wouldn't be a good idea for me (nor some others?). I'll be waiting for HD1 firmware improvement and in the meantime listening to further reports about Fuji.

Also, after studying reviews I'm personally confident there's no pain/loss in my remaining with A7rII until H1D menu glitchs and the sequence of lenses are settled.

For me it's less a matter of hard choices than of waiting and balancing excellent options.

Kirk
    Last edited by thompsonkirk; 4 Weeks Ago at 15:32.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thompsonkirk View Post
    Sounds like a good assessment, and I share in thanking the reviewers for helping me figure out 'where I'm at' – the title of the thread.

The CameraStore video made it clear that diving in right now wouldn't be a good idea for me (nor some others?). I'll be waiting for HD1 firmware improvement and in the meantime listening to further reports about Fuji.

Also, after studying reviews I'm personally confident there's no pain/loss in my remaining with A7rII until H1D menu glitchs and the sequence of lenses are settled.

For me it's less a matter of hard choices than of waiting and balancing excellent options.

Kirk
    I expect that firmware upgrades will address a lot of their criticisms and my view is that the dial and possibly the touchscreen issues that they had were due to older hardware (the hardware of the ones that shipped to customers was definitely improved over the ones that dealers have had to demo 6 months before general release - the improvement was considerable in my opinion). That said, I do think that firmware should be a lot better than it is by now.

Even so, I think for image capturing workflows that suit the camera (ie not sports etc) the output is several notches better than the Sony he compares it to. And the 2 prints he compares in the video give the Hasselblad a bigger starting advantage than Chris seemed to state. The Sony image was flat and lifeless whereas the Hasselblad was far more pleasing off the bat. I know many can work wonders in pp but a better start point is always welcome and it can save a lot of time

Post Thanks / Like

Doug,

The X1D does not offer an internal sensor cleaning technology but even as a monobloc the photographer has direct access to the sensor, making surface cleaning even with hand-bulb or swab convenience. See link to Hasselblad H & X Systems sensor cleaning guide: https://gallery.mailchimp.com/e56e02...r_Cleaning.pdf

Thanks,

Eric P.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got an email telling me to watch out for new firmware soon... yay!

Post Thanks / Like

The X1D is a guinea pig release, I sent the X1D back, imo it is not ready for release, the release of the camera is premature pushed out so HB could be the first ones to say we were the first company to release MF mirrorless.

Thank god I'm not in the position of waiting for firmware updates that may or may not fix issues, and lenses,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fiver View Post
    The X1D is a guinea pig release, I sent the X1D back, imo it is not ready for release, the release of the camera is premature pushed out so HB could be the first ones to say we were the first company to release MF mirrorless.

Thank god I'm not in the position of waiting for firmware updates that may or may not fix issues, and lenses,
    In case you haven't noticed, everything in life is a set of trade offs. Camera systems are no exception. My X1D has been very stable. There is nothing I wanted to photograph over the past four months that I have not been able to photograph with the X1D. Sure, it lacks some of the basic features that we have come to expect with mirrorless cameras, but my other "serious" camera system is a Hasselblad H2/IQ180 and, seriously, what can I do with the H2 that I can't do with the X1D? Actually, I can do things with the X1D that I can't with the H2, like achieve perfect manual focus. Oh, and the X1D is small, light and portable, so I actually WANT to take it with me. So yes, there is no Eye AF, no blinkies, no WB Bracketing or any of the 10,000 ways to adjust OOC JPEGs. I couldn't care less. I got exactly what I wanted when I bought the X1D. A small, light and portable camera with the 50MP Sony sensor, great lenses, exceptional ergonomics, simple User Interface, and superb manual focusing in magnified Live View. Can't wait for the 100MP version.
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    I just got an email telling me to watch out for new firmware soon... yay!
    Just got this:

I hope the "and more" means "and much more". Improved USB stability and USB power aren't at the top of my "wish list".

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    Just got this:

I hope the "and more" means "and much more". Improved USB stability and USB power aren't at the top of my "wish list".

Joe
    Joe, I gather those are significant issues with the H6D series of cameras.

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was out and about this morning and running on the remains of a battery from yesterday. About 30 - 40% guessing by the gauge.

Got the Card Too Slow and No Card warnings.

Shutdown, new battery ... fully charged and as I had one picture on the SD card I reformatted. No problem rest of the time shooting.

So I assume that there must be a critical voltage below which the camera gets a bit confused. Since I have 4 batteries at the moment
    should not be an issue ... just remember to change them before they begin to act up.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

I would love a recommendation for LCD protector that does not inhibit the touch function.

And suggestions for the following ... occasionally the rear wheel is unable to change Exp Comp on the fly ... and cannot
    change the aperture with the front wheel in A mode MF. If I do a rear button AF or change to AF top button it usually disappears
    in two exposures. Any suggestions as to what I need to do to clear it?

TIA

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    I would love a recommendation for LCD protector that does not inhibit the touch function.

And suggestions for the following ... occasionally the rear wheel is unable to change Exp Comp on the fly ... and cannot
    change the aperture with the front wheel in A mode MF. If I do a rear button AF or change to AF top button it usually disappears
    in two exposures. Any suggestions as to what I need to do to clear it?

TIA

Bob
    Bob, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those bugs are hopefully going to be fixed in the pending firmware update. Fingers crossed.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joe!

But the bug is a minor one ... very easy to work around ... just another opportunity to practice patience.

The output from this little camera is so sweet.

I was trekking into an area yesterday ... camera on my monopod and realized it weighs next to nothing ...
    think they hit a home run with the form and with a bit of work the haptics will match it.

Thanks,

Bob
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One minor irritation is that I get, fairly frequently, an error message saying that No Lens is Attached. Re-attaching the lens clears this. It is annoying but not fatal (by the way I only have the 45mm at present so it is not caused by faulty changing of lenses).

However an oddity I have only just noticed is that in Lightroom all photographs imported as a 3FR or 3fff file are stated in the metadata to have been made with an unknown lens. If I go to Phocus and export a Tiff then the correct lens is identified. Not sure if this is just a LR oddity or possibly connected to the lens error messages

Anyone else getting this problem and for those who use Lightroom does it recognise correctly which lens is being used on your 3fff or 3FR files?

Post Thanks / Like

If Phocus can identify the lens then LR should be able to also .... assume it is unrelated to the no lens attached error as that must preclude you
    from making exposures until the camera is happy that a lens is there?

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by pflower View Post
    One minor irritation is that I get, fairly frequently, an error message saying that No Lens is Attached. Re-attaching the lens clears this. It is annoying but not fatal (by the way I only have the 45mm at present so it is not caused by faulty changing of lenses).

However an oddity I have only just noticed is that in Lightroom all photographs imported as a 3FR or 3fff file are stated in the metadata to have been made with an unknown lens. If I go to Phocus and export a Tiff then the correct lens is identified. Not sure if this is just a LR oddity or possibly connected to the lens error messages

Anyone else getting this problem and for those who use Lightroom does it recognise correctly which lens is being used on your 3fff or 3FR files?
    If you use any one of a number of EXIF viewers to analyze the EXIF tags of the X1D RAW files, none have the lens identified by other than the focal length. In fact, the EXIF data in an X1D RAW file is rather sparse compared to other camera RAW files. Tim Ashley surfaced this issue (unpopulated EXIF fields) in an earlier post in another thread. If Phocus exports lens identification information, it's because Phocus is adding it based on the focal length.

BTW, the EV compensation information is also missing from the X1D RAW file EXIF data.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    If Phocus can identify the lens then LR should be able to also...
    Bob
    LR (2015.10.1 release) and PS (2017.1.1 release) only identify the focal length at this time for X1D RAW files.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

New firmware 1.17 out now.
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

release notes: http://static.hasselblad.com/2014/11...X1D-1_17_0.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Today is an exquisite day in in rural Vermont, so I decided, what the hell, let's go for it. I loaded the new firmware 1.17 (very uneventful), and went out to see what's improved. Since my X1D has been quite stable, I can't really comment on issues such as the control wheels working or not working. However, I can say that the Autofocus accuracy seems VERY improved in my limited testing. I focused on a number of things, particularly at a distance, went into magnified Live View and then tried to see if the focus improved by making slight changes in manual focus. It would be better to shoot some actual files in both AF and MF and compare them at 100% in LR, but that will have to wait. The only new "feature" is that there is now an overexposure warning (i.e., blinkies) in the file that shows up on the LCD after you shoot a photo.
    Obviously, this is, on the surface, a very limited firmware update in terms of new features. However, if, as appears to be the case so far, the AF performance is fixed and there are major improvements in overall stability, this is a very important update. The X1D is a wonderful camera if, and it's a big IF, it works reliably, even with its relatively limited set of "features." Getting the camera to the point in its firmware development where its basic functionality is bug free would be an important milestone, and Hasselblad can then move on to adding a number of desirable features. The files that come out of this camera system are just wonderful and, IMO, well worth the teething issues. (It remains to be seen if the control wheel issues being experienced by some are a firmware issue or a hardware issue; if the latter, I wouldn't consider it a teething issue.)

Happy July 4th:
    X1D with XCD 90mm lens at f/8.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B_2398.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	624.0 KB 
ID:	127995
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What a nice 4th of July shot! And I hope the new firmware lets me join you soon in using the camera.

Kirk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hcubell View Post
    Today is an exquisite day in in rural Vermont, so I decided, what the hell, let's go for it. I loaded the new firmware 1.17 (very uneventful), and went out to see what's improved. Since my X1D has been quite stable, I can't really comment on issues such as the control wheels working or not working. However, I can say that the Autofocus accuracy seems VERY improved in my limited testing. I focused on a number of things, particularly at a distance, went into magnified Live View and then tried to see if the focus improved by making slight changes in manual focus. It would be better to shoot some actual files in both AF and MF and compare them at 100% in LR, but that will have to wait. The only new "feature" is that there is now an overexposure warning (i.e., blinkies) in the file that shows up on the LCD after you shoot a photo.
    Obviously, this is, on the surface, a very limited firmware update in terms of new features. However, if, as appears to be the case so far, the AF performance is fixed and there are major improvements in overall stability, this is a very important update. The X1D is a wonderful camera if, and it's a big IF, it works reliably, even with its relatively limited set of "features." Getting the camera to the point in its firmware development where its basic functionality is bug free would be an important milestone, and Hasselblad can then move on to adding a number of desirable features. The files that come out of this camera system are just wonderful and, IMO, well worth the teething issues. (It remains to be seen if the control wheel issues being experienced by some are a firmware issue or a hardware issue; if the latter, I wouldn't consider it a teething issue.)

Happy July 4th:
    X1D with XCD 90mm lens at f/8.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B_2398.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	624.0 KB 
ID:	127995
    Howard,

That is the most character in a 4th of July photo I have seen. Very well done!

The hardware/firmware/software/shooterware is a lovely match!

Nice duck, too.
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave.gt View Post
    Howard,

That is the most character in a 4th of July photo I have seen. Very well done!

The hardware/firmware/software/shooterware is a lovely match!

Nice duck, too.
    Thanks so much. The duck sauntering through the barnyard was totally serendipitous. There were some great barnyard roosters there but they would not parade for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Despite my best intentions I also installed the new FW... not noticing any huge changes after a few shots though am still getting the same old 'card too slow' error on a Lexar 128gb 95mb/s card, sometimes.

Pity we still can't adjust the auto ISO parameters with more granularity. Pity also that though there is now power over USB, we can't get charge over USB. But every little helps...

Here's one from earlier. Pretty ho-hum except for this: it was developed from RAW by importing into Affinity Photo on a 10.5" iPad Pro (the A10x chip) including layer masks and all sorts of good stuff, then exported to JPEG from Affinity, imported to iPad Zenfolio app, uploaded and linked via this post on iPad Safari. All smooth, fast and natural. Love Affinity Photo!

Last edited by tashley; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:41.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Despite my best intentions I also installed the new FW... not noticing any huge changes after a few shots though am still getting the same old 'card too slow' error on a Lexar 128b 95mb/s card, sometimes.
    Interesting that I've never seen the "Card too slow" error using SanDisk cards.

Pity we still can't adjust the auto ISO parameters with more granularity. Pity also that though there is now power over USB, we can't get charge over USB. But every little helps...
    Yeah, I have a "wish list" that I keep handy (and included in an article on by blog):

• Live histogram; determining correct exposure is difficult without a live histogram in the EVF and Live View
    • Distance and DOF scale; neither the lenses nor the camera have distance and/or depth of field indicators, making the determination of hyperfocal distance difficult
    • More and smaller AF points; 35 is barely OK; there have been reports of AF errors with the XCD 90mm lens and wide apertures, as stated earlier
    • Auto ISO in M mode allowing the user to set the aperture and shutter speed and have ISO “float”
    • Review captured image (referred to as “Preview” by Hasselblad) in the EVF; reviewing on the rear LCD is difficult in bright sunlight
    • Select minimum shutter speed when using Auto ISO
    • EXIF information for Exposure Bias and Lens tags; the EXIF is “sparse” and doesn’t contain some essential tags

We're getting there sloooowly.

Here's one from earlier. Pretty ho-hum except for this: it was developed from RAW by importing into Affinity Photo on a 10.5" iPad Pro (the A10x chip) including layer masks and all sorts of good stuff, then exported to JPEG from Affinity, imported to iPad Zenfolio app, uploaded and linked via this post on iPad Safari. All smooth, fast and natural. Love Affinity Photo!
    I've never heard of Affinity Photo but will have to look into it. Well done by you!

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty much my wish list too, Joe.

Affinity seems really good. It's like Lightroom and photoshop rolled into one. It's also a LOT faster to render large files on a iPad Pro than LR Mobile...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    Interesting that I've never seen the "Card too slow" error using SanDisk cards.

Yeah, I have a "wish list" that I keep handy (and included in an article on by blog):

• Live histogram; determining correct exposure is difficult without a live histogram in the EVF and Live View
    • Distance and DOF scale; neither the lenses nor the camera have distance and/or depth of field indicators, making the determination of hyperfocal distance difficult
    • More and smaller AF points; 35 is barely OK; there have been reports of AF errors with the XCD 90mm lens and wide apertures, as stated earlier
    • Auto ISO in M mode allowing the user to set the aperture and shutter speed and have ISO “float”
    • Review captured image (referred to as “Preview” by Hasselblad) in the EVF; reviewing on the rear LCD is difficult in bright sunlight
    • Select minimum shutter speed when using Auto ISO
    • EXIF information for Exposure Bias and Lens tags; the EXIF is “sparse” and doesn’t contain some essential tags

We're getting there sloooowly.

I've never heard of Affinity Photo but will have to look into it. Well done by you!

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty much my wish list too, Joe.

Affinity seems really good. It's like Lightroom and photoshop rolled into one. It's also a LOT faster to render large files on a iPad Pro than LR Mobile...
    The thing that I think Affinity lacks is the cataloging capabilities of Lightroom and the back-and-forth with Photoshop... Do you miss the cataloging power? I am wondering if any of you Affinity users could comment on that, as I find some things attractive about Affinity.

Thanks.
    Eli

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    The thing that I think Affinity lacks is the cataloging capabilities of Lightroom and the back-and-forth with Photoshop... Do you miss the cataloging power? I am wondering if any of you Affinity users could comment on that, as I find some things attractive about Affinity.

Thanks.
    Eli
    I haven't used the desktop version so I can't really comment but it is by far the best thing I've used on an iPad...

Post Thanks / Like

The cataloging feature is the thing I hate about Lightroom. I find it to be a major PITA.

So I'd just use ACR in Photoshop basically the same tools as far as I can tell.

But it doesn't really matter since I use C!.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes the same one found in a Sinar P2 8X10 large format camera!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a link to download mp3 audio file of recent webinar on FAQ. There was also Q&A.

What I found most interesting:

• increase in amount of autofocus points from current 35
    (I read elsewhere that X1D product manager stated 60)
    • increase in accuracy of focus points from current 4x4mm (I wonder if they meant 4x4 pixels?)

• they're working on X to PL-mount lens adapter for cinema lenses
    I hope they'll also offer X to EOS-mount lens adapter with electronic control
    (probably massive appeal to architectural and landscape specialists using TS-E lenses) in conjunction with....

• electronic shutter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BJNY View Post
    Here's a link to download mp3 audio file of recent webinar on FAQ. There was also Q&A.

What I found most interesting:
    "I do not expect another firmware release until September or October."

Post Thanks / Like

But no V adapter on the horizon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have the CF adapter for the H series which mechanically cocks the shutter and then allows an H series camera to fire the V series lens without problems. From everything that I have been told adding the CF adapter to the X adapter will not work. I just wonder why not. If the X adapter allows the X1D to trigger an H series lens, and the CF adapter allows an H series camera to utilise a V series lens then logically surely adding the CF adapter to the X adapter would work - but apparently not. Actually I can't see that I would have much use for such a cumbersome system, but I am interested in the explanation as to why it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by sog1927 View Post
    But no V adapter on the horizon.