The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H Macro Image circles

alharding

Hello,

I'm shooting a macro project of an object with a flat surface. I'm using a H4d50MS and the HC80mm lens with the 52mm extension tube. I was initially thrilled by the results but have recently noticed some falloff around the edges of the picture and in the corners. I'm still thinking the pictures work well, but its the kind of thing that once I've seen it, i can't unsee it. I've been shooting with the lens exactly parallel to the object and camera level. All exposures are at f11, 2secs. 50 ISO.

What I'm wondering is : Would the 120mm macro have better results?

Many Thanks,

Al

jerome_m

Hello,

I'm shooting a macro project of an object with a flat surface. I'm using a H4d50MS and the HC80mm lens with the 52mm extension tube. I was initially thrilled by the results but have recently noticed some falloff around the edges of the picture and in the corners.
Yes. The 80mm will have fuzzy corners on extension tubes.

What I'm wondering is : Would the 120mm macro have better results?
Yes, definitely. Keep in mind that there is also a version II of the 120 macro which better corrects longitudinal chromatic aberration than the version I.

alharding

Thanks. I'm looking into this now.

Yes. The 80mm will have fuzzy corners on extension tubes.

Yes, definitely. Keep in mind that there is also a version II of the 120 macro which better corrects longitudinal chromatic aberration than the version I.