The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Truly in love with the X1D !!!!

etto72

Had a walk with my wife in the woods here in Connecticut
Took some handholding shots and I must say that the quality of the files are incredible!!!
My IQ reference are the Canon 5DsR with the two Outs lenses (55 +85) and the Pentax 645z (with 55mm,75, 150mm)
In my humble opinion the X1D IQ is vastly superior to the Canon and despite sharing the same sensor I find it to be superior to the Pentax too (color tonality is better and the lenses I had dint reach this this kind of performance)

What I also really love is the size !!!! unbelievable !!!!! :bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes::clap::clap::clap:

While the AF is slow, I find that its more accurate then the one of the 645Z, which was often pretty off when shooting wide open and using the off center AF points

At the end I have only 3 major issues that I believe can or will be fixed with Firmware update

- Smaller AF points, for more precise focusing (which I was told is coming)
- Minimum shutter speed option (Hope its coming too)
- Intervalometer (I can't believe it was not implemented!!! and I really hope it will be )

I am going to place an order for the 30mm and I hope the 65mm will be at list 2.8 :angel:

This is a fantastic camera, with outstanding IQ packed oin a super small package
A real dream!

Cheers

Ettore

All image are straight out of Capture One 10 (DNG files exported via Phocus + exif editor "Hasselblad" to "Hasselba" )

Godfrey

I'm glad it's so rewarding for you! I'm still 'waiting in the wings' for the 22mm to arrive before making a decision. :)

G

etto72

Why don't you use Phocus? Better colors and lens corrections & it's FREE !
Because I clearly pull more data from C1 then Phocus
One very simple example is with Recovery & Shadow fill in Phocus compared to Capture One Highlight & Shadow....
for me the result speaks for themselves

But yes things like lens correction in C1 must be done manually since it doesn't support the camera

Cheeers

jduncan

Had a walk with my wife in the woods here in Connecticut
Took some handholding shots and I must say that the quality of the files are incredible!!!
My IQ reference are the Canon 5DsR with the two Outs lenses (55 +85) and the Pentax 645z (with 55mm,75, 150mm)
In my humble opinion the X1D IQ is vastly superior to the Canon and despite sharing the same sensor I find it to be superior to the Pentax too (color tonality is better and the lenses I had dint reach this this kind of performance)

What I also really love is the size !!!! unbelievable !!!!! :bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes::clap::clap::clap:

While the AF is slow, I find that its more accurate then the one of the 645Z, which was often pretty off when shooting wide open and using the off center AF points

At the end I have only 3 major issues that I believe can or will be fixed with Firmware update

- Smaller AF points, for more precise focusing (which I was told is coming)
- Minimum shutter speed option (Hope its coming too)
- Intervalometer (I can't believe it was not implemented!!! and I really hope it will be )

I am going to place an order for the 30mm and I hope the 65mm will be at list 2.8 :angel:

This is a fantastic camera, with outstanding IQ packed oin a super small package
A real dream!

Cheers

Ettore

All image are straight out of Capture One 10 (DNG files exported via Phocus + exif editor "Hasselblad" to "Hasselba" )

I love the colors, and I know is the combination of the camera and your skills in post. The picture of the woman (your wife?) is beautiful. One will say it was taken with quality human designed lenses with film (color wise), but with digital quality.

Thanks for sharing,

B L

The picture of the woman (your wife?) is beautiful. One will say it was taken with quality human designed lenses with film (color wise), but with digital quality.

Thanks for sharing,[/QUOTE]

.....human designed lenses and God designed lovely lady.
What a powerful combination.

etto72

The picture of the woman (your wife?) is beautiful. One will say it was taken with quality human designed lenses with film (color wise), but with digital quality.

Thanks for sharing,
.....human designed lenses and God designed lovely lady.
What a powerful combination.[/QUOTE]

Well said :LOL:

bab

Nice clean images they will look great after some work on them love the colors. Yes Phocus highlight sucks except with portraits for knocking down hot spots but it's horrid on landscapes.
Cropped this for U in iPad lightroom I wish she had hers eyes in line with her nose.

Attachments