The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

T/S and Medium Format - help.

robmac

While I there are no illusions they would compete with even a low-MP MFDB for max IQ, if you wanted a couple of lower-budget DSLR-based options to consider:

1. As JF mentioned, an M645 bellows kit + LF or Hassy/M645 lens and adapter for a Nikon or Canon body (both easily done); or a Nikon PB-4 bellows system (tilt if bellows rotated) with a Nikon or Canon body (via adapter) using, again, M645/Hassy glass.

2. Use of a Canon body with a Mirex TS adapter and M645 or (IIRC) Hassy lenses such as the 80/4 Macro, 120/4 Macro (APO) or the Hassy 120/4, etc. I also believe, but don't quote me, that Mirex makes a Hassy-Nikon kit. I couldn't tell you how the TS ranges of the two system would compare.

I have no idea which Canon body you currently shoot with, but the #2 approach is popular with many folks over on the FM Alternate Lens forum if you want to research it further.

There is also this recent thread discussing a 5DII using a PB-4 bellows kit+Rodenstock 75/4 APO (for macro work) that has some nice samples.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/747695