The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Schneider Shutter Control ES + Leaf Credo

Came across a seller with an absolute bucketload of Schneider APO-Digitars, but - unfortunately - the vast majority appear to be in Electronic Shutters.

Given that a controller appears to cost about the same as two copal shutters (I'm assuming I could just replace the electronic shutters with copal ones?) or one Copal Press Shutter.. I was wondering how one would go about connecting the Shutter Control ES to a Leaf Credo DB.. and if it's still possible to do so?

Links to purchasable products would be amazing.

Digitalcameraman

Define Shutter Control ES, Sinar?

It is possible to use these digital shutters with Credo backs, I have several museums and libraries that are using this setup we designed for them.

I would need to know more about which shutter Control version it is and also make sure what digital shutter the lens is mounted in currently. Schneider, Rollei ect?

You would run a separate app to control the opening, firing, and closing of the shutter. You have a options for a wake up call. Most of these installations we have in place use the Sinar Repo camera with electronic focusing ect, for using Live View.

We have several Sinar P3 DF units available.

Replacing the digital shutters is a task in finding exactly the adapters , some may have been custom, it is not just as easy as buying a copal shutter and screwing it in. Precision optical benches along with spacers,bushings and focus washers only insure that the lens is going to be optically aligned and produce the image quality the lens is capable of.

Came across a seller with an absolute bucketload of Schneider APO-Digitars, but - unfortunately - the vast majority appear to be in Electronic Shutters.

Given that a controller appears to cost about the same as two copal shutters (I'm assuming I could just replace the electronic shutters with copal ones?) or one Copal Press Shutter.. I was wondering how one would go about connecting the Shutter Control ES to a Leaf Credo DB.. and if it's still possible to do so?

Links to purchasable products would be amazing.