The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

p0 hybrid

NoBob

Hi,

Does anyone know if just the leveler for the Arca Swiss p0 is available yet?

And can the panning section of the original p0 be removed and placed on top of the leveler?

Anyone know if the spacer is available? The spacer is the metal ring that sits on top of the panning section (in the hybrid version) so that the clamp sits flat on it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have not used the hybrid version so can't help you. My choice is P0 801211 with Really Right Stuff B2-LR II clamp, since all my plates are from Really Right Stuff.

Why would you want the panning section on top of the clamp?

Godfrey

I doubt it, but Rod Klukas would know.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve. Are you trying to 'build your own' p0 Hybrid from a standard p0? It would likely be a better strategy to simply sell your p0 and buy a p0 Hybrid if that's what you want.

I've had my p0 Hybrid for a week now. I'm working with it and finding it does a very good job for my purposes.

G

Hi,

Does anyone know if just the leveler for the Arca Swiss p0 is available yet?

And can the panning section of the original p0 be removed and placed on top of the lever?

Anyone know if the space is available? The spacer is the metal ring that sits on top of the panning section (in the hybrid version) so that the clamp sits flat on it.

Thanks.

NoBob

I already have two clamps. I don't need the Arca Swiss clamp that comes with the hybrid version.

The panning section sits under the clamp in both the standard and hybrid p0, not on top.

JonMo

yes the leveller is available as a separate item.

Can't remember the Arca number and am not near my equipment for another week or so.

I have the leveller as a separate unit combined with a "naked" P0 and/or Novoflex Trioballance.

tjv

I had not heard of the P0 Hybrid before. A quick Google search and look at Rod's website and I'm quite taken by this head design... Woudn't give up my Linhof 3D Micro head, but this would be brilliant for a great many applications... Good job Arca!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
yes the leveller is available as a separate item.

Can't remember the Arca number and am not near my equipment for another week or so.

I have the leveller as a separate unit combined with a "naked" P0 and/or Novoflex Trioballance.
Happy Jon , you have a leveler . ARCA's part number is 860102 .
But the production is stopped and the leveler is not available any more (at least here in Europe) .
I have information from an authorized ARCA dealer in France , that there will be a redesign of the leveler .
Therefore 860102 is cancelled .

Godfrey

Hi Jürgen,
What's up with the 860102? Any idea?
I know a few folks had an issue with the detents on the null position, both on the leveler and the panorama base. The detents on the leveler didn't bother me, but the panorama base detents are too strong. I was told that A-S will likely be issuing an updated version of the p0 Hybrid a bit later this year, I suspect it will likely be with modifications to the detent mechanism.

G