The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1D Control Dial Issues

Is it a specific batch of bodies that have the control wheel issues? Can you possibly provide a range of serial #'s that may be affected? I really don't want to buy a new body and have to send it in for repair immediately.

Thank you!
I asked that here before, with no response.

(So I bought GFX instead.)

Kirk

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I am sure that you will be overjoyed with the Fuji ...

But really ... why bring it up?

Couple of dials ... that were serviced in a day ... hard to believe this issue is the determinant
for a purchase of this magnitude.

This appears to be a different level from the Leica sensor corrosion level.

Probably substituting a 2 dollar part for a 25 cent part.

Bob

dave.gt

I am sure that you will be overjoyed with the Fuji ...

But really ... why bring it up?

Couple of dials ... that were serviced in a day ... hard to believe this issue is the determinant
for a purchase of this magnitude.

This appears to be a different level from the Leica sensor corrosion level.

Probably substituting a 2 dollar part for a 25 cent part.

Bob
As I think about it.., 2-day turnaround. thst is really incredible and to think of so much angst for a quick repair. Outstanding!:)

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
No guarantee that the time frame will work in the US ...

But acknowledging a solution and the ability to repair those cameras is very encouraging.

Hopefully when the novelty of the problem fades and with time Hasselblad will continue to be
as responsive. Time will tell.

Bob

Last edited:

DougDolde

Well thanks for the warning, i had considered one for a while but will likely buy the new Nikon D820 or whatever its called.

wellfleet

Well thanks for the warning, i had considered one for a while but will likely buy the new Nikon D820 or whatever its called.
Speaking of warnings, you might want to take note of this recent post at Nikon Rumors. It's not as if HB is the only camera manufacturer that has had production problems.

"Nikon issued another service advisory for the D750 shutter issue expanding the number of impacted cameras (now cameras produced from July to September 2014 and from July 2015 to September 2016 could also have a faulty shutter). I simply cannot believe we are still discussing this issue in 2017 and Nikon was producing faulty cameras as of September last year."

If it were me, I would prefer a camera company that could correct a product's deficiency in less than 3 years, and maybe even 2 days.

dave.gt

I want to add some good news to this thread since some have interpreted the front and rear scroll wheel problem as gloom and doom. I experienced the problem and contacted Hasselblad US. I opened a service ticket online and shipped my camera to Hasselblad US in New Jersey. They received the camera on July 11 and the repair was completed on July 21. Throughout the process, the team at Hasselblad kept me informed and was transparent and professional in dealing with me as a customer. I received the fully-repaired camera this morning and the front and rear scroll wheels operate as they should. Result! :thumbs: This is my first experience with Technical Support at Hasselblad US and I am a happy camper. Compared to my previous experiences with other camera manufacturers (who shall remain unnamed), a 10-day turnaround on an internal parts replacement repair is remarkable and deserves mention.

My education is in electrical engineering and I spent much of my career in the development of complex electronic systems. Even now, I'm an electronics hobbyist (aka technology geek). Stuff happens. Parts fail. Designs are flawed. Suppliers disappoint. Even Apple, a company I've followed since its inception and have great admiration for, encounters problems with products after manufacturing is well underway. For me, the important part of the process is not whether problems are identified, but how a company reacts to the problems that are discovered. In this case, Hasselblad has delivered. They have exceeded my expectations and I am happy with the result. Thanks Hasselblad.

Joe
Ah, thanks for the update, Joe! And especially, I thank you for the voice of reason!

Well said!:):):)