The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1D Firmware 1.17: Great.. but not enough!!

etto72

I just downloaded the firmware 1.17 and I noticed a tangible improvement concerning the general stability and also the AF accuracy with the 90mm

I was hoping to get the option for smaller AF points, the live histogram, minimum shutter speed and the image review in viewfinder ...but I guess its not ready yet :(

Last week I was in Norway and while I was preparing to shoot at sunset for a time lapse I discover that the camera doesn't have an intervalometer !!!!
Hope this is something could be add in the near future!
somehow the X1D is the perfect landscape camera and it would extremely useful to get such a functionality

Best
Ettore

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The relatively quick update after 1.15 is appreciated.

I know that there is a laundry list of desired additions ... but the stability of the camera seems much improved. No more lock-up of dials when in A mode this morning ... had one instance
where the camera froze ... going back to the control screen immediately cleared it ... and no other issues. Seems much quicker to respond ... and display focus points.

Very enjoyable morning with the camera ... look forward to additions but am beginning to see that this camera will be quite responsive and usable.

Bob