The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Screen Protectors for X1D

pflower

This seems the most active forum for X1D users. So here is a question. Has anyone found a good screen protector for the X1D? The problem is the EVF which protrudes onto the screen. As far as I can tell it is impossible to remove the eyepiece which means that the usual rectangular protectors don't really work unless you find one that is so thin that it slips under the viewfinder. I did buy one which, on the website, had a picture of a cut out to accommodate the viewfinder but turned out to be rectangular and too big.

So has anyone found a good screen protector for the camera?

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I looked the other day ... bookmarked a European site but decided to cut my own ... will use a mat Apple iPhone 6 protector and probably move to the newer ZAGG HDX protector ... also cutting
it.

https://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/invis...plus-screen-protector/hdx-apple-iphone-7-plus

I prefer the film style rather than a hard glass protector ... and hope that the sensitivity of the screen touch function is not degraded.

Looking forward to suggestions also.

Thanks,

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
OK

The iPhone 6 protector is too narrow ... but I found some PalmPilot protectors which I was able to cut to size and they fit wonderfully .... touch screen unaffected.

Did my Leica Q while I was at it ...

Take a couple 3x5 cards and cut a template to match the screen ... when that is perfect you can transfer them to any decent protector and custom cut one
for your device. Round the edges and make sure it is not too big ... otherwise it will peel off.

You do lose a bit of contrast and definition ... but I do not base exposure on that.

Thanks for spurring me into looking at this.

Regards,

Bob

aDam007

I just ordered one from Germany.. They had images of their screen protectors and the cut-outs were there... BUT someone mentioned above that they ordered one with photos too.. So I'll update when they arrive if they're good.

hcubell

I just ordered one from Germany.. They had images of their screen protectors and the cut-outs were there... BUT someone mentioned above that they ordered one with photos too.. So I'll update when they arrive if they're good.
I ordered one made by BBAR from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Hasselblad-camera-protector-Reflect-Clarity/dp/B01HQCE44M
It is custom cut to fit around the viewfinder and is quite nice. I was not fully successful in applying it with no bubbles, but that's my fault.