The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

70mm or 90mm Digaron?

Thanks for that :)

What did you make of the sharpness of either lens at F11? were they both pretty good, or was one better than the other?
As I have not done comparison of sharpness at the same time for the same scene under the same condition, I really can't give a valid result, but subjectively speaking, I don't think one is obviously sharper than the other - they are both sharp enough (maybe not as sharp as the 90HR-SW, but not bad at all). SK75 is perhaps sharper in the corner when shifted, and 70HR is perhaps sharper in the center when unshifted. Maybe we'll need the 150MP IMX411 sensor next year to tell a difference.

TimG

I think I'm going to go with the 72, I have a raw from Jamgolf that looks pretty good in the corners and centre (thanks for that) plus it's one of the last new ones, so worst case I can also swap to a Rodie later if I don't like it, where I can't go back to a 72 - as they're no longer made.

Might sleep on it :)

vjbelle

I'm a little late to this discussion but fmpov you cannot make a mistake with the Schneider 72mm. All of my lenses are Schneider's and this is one of the sharpest and most versatile - although I use the 100mm a little more as I prefer to be slightly longer. It behaves very well shifted and its weight is a blessing.

Good luck.....

Victor

TimG

Thanks Victor

I just went ahead and placed the order for the SK72 in a Cambo WRS T/S mount with Paula down at Linhof, as she still has stock of some of the Schneider lenses left over, should turn up next week sometime :)

Thanks for the advice guys,

I'm a little late to this discussion but fmpov you cannot make a mistake with the Schneider 72mm. All of my lenses are Schneider's and this is one of the sharpest and most versatile - although I use the 100mm a little more as I prefer to be slightly longer. It behaves very well shifted and its weight is a blessing.

Good luck.....

Victor

narikin

What about the Schneider 90mm N Apo-Digitar ? I assume it's not going to be a patch on the Rodie - but I assume someone must have one, any experiences?
I owned all 3 versions of the Alpa 90mm options at one point. Did a rough test shoot and the old blue ring Roddy 90 was the one to go. Easily outperformed by the other two. Yes, the Yellow ring HRSW 90mm is king as it's razor sharp right out to it's large image circle edges. An amazing lens. The SK 90mm was surprisingly close in central resolution though, really right up there, but is good for modest movements only, not really for stitching beyond a 2way. Much lighter and 2/3 stop faster though. Cheaper too, if you can find one!

Good luck.