The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

best news of the day!! may be the year

bernardl

Coming from a C1 Pro background, I had no choice but to try LR to convert by H6D-100c data.

The quality of the files is good, although I still prefer C1 Pro colors a bit, but LR is veeeery slow compared to C1 Pro on my Mac Pro 2013. While using it, but even more so when generating raw files where I feel that C1 Pro is probably 4-5 times faster. I haven't done any rigorous tests, just my feeling.

Cheers,
Bernard

tjv

Weird. On my brand new MacBook Pro (as well as my old 2012 machine,) LR CC is way faster than C1. Maybe not at exporting files, but certainly at everything else like rerendering images after applying adjustments, importing images, etc.

ctzzz

Weird. On my brand new MacBook Pro (as well as my old 2012 machine,) LR CC is way faster than C1. Maybe not at exporting files, but certainly at everything else like rerendering images after applying adjustments, importing images, etc.
That mainly because Capture One is dead slow. I say this as a former fanboy of CO. :(

I hope they go in and update their Raw engine process while they're at it, they're using the same one since 2012! I think 5 years would have been plenty of time to figure out new ways to decode Raw data.