The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Screwed up firmware update on X1D -HELP

rollei8is

I tried to update the firm ware to 1.17.- When the screen went blank I thought the it was done and I removed the battery.

On reinstalling the battery I am now getting "system level error 1000". The camera is in operable now.

If any body knows how to reset the camera please help.

Thx

R----

Ed Hurst

I tried to update the firm ware to 1.17.- When the screen went blank I thought the it was done and I removed the battery.

On reinstalling the battery I am now getting "system level error 1000". The camera is in operable now.

If any body knows how to reset the camera please help.

Thx

R----
I am not knowledgable on this particular camera model, and I hate to be a harbinger of doom, but my understanding has always been (based on multiple different makes and models) that a failed firmware update needs the camera to go back to the manufacturer. The firmware is deeper than the functions you have access to and is needed for all that to work; if the firmware is not in a workable state, there is usually nothing a user can do.

Hope I am wrong. Keep us posted!

Ed

rollei8is

I am hoping for some kind of HARD reset as we do on a computer OR cell phone.

I will speak to the Hassy Service dept and see what they say. Will keep you updated.

R-----