The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DF + DM33 + 50 Shift... problem

archivue

After many month, i've found a way to have my 50 shift repaired... (the rear optical element had to be changed).

I've test it today... when it's working, it looks good... but most of time i have a sort of purple / sync issue...

My Firmware is 1.58... it looks like the current one is 1.59... will it fix this issue ?

I don't have the grip, so i prefer to make sure that i have to upgrade the body... i have to send it to my dealer... in Paris.

Best regards from south of France.

DF_PROBLEM.jpg

epforever

This resembles a problem that can happen with Hasselblad backs on a tech camera. At faster shutter speeds (about 1/30 and faster), you have to trigger the back first (with a cable release connected to the back) before triggering the lens. If you don't, the image gets slightly purple and noisy, similar to this.

Can you try triggering the back first (say, for 3 seconds), then triggering the lens while the back is "exposing"? If the problem goes away, it is a syncing problem.

archivue

No, it doesn't work like it with aptus back...

Thanks anyway.

My dealer will send me a grip to upgrade the DF firmware... cross fingers...

This resembles a problem that can happen with Hasselblad backs on a tech camera. At faster shutter speeds (about 1/30 and faster), you have to trigger the back first (with a cable release connected to the back) before triggering the lens. If you don't, the image gets slightly purple and noisy, similar to this.

Can you try triggering the back first (say, for 3 seconds), then triggering the lens while the back is "exposing"? If the problem goes away, it is a syncing problem.

archivue

the problem occurs at 1/80s 1/60... at 1/125 it's clean !

any idea ?

and it happens only with manual lens...

archivue

Problem solved !

Using a v-grip from my dealer, i was able to update the DF firmware to 1.59 and it fixed the problem !

i didn't find anything about this firmware on the pose one website... but it works well !

bensonga

Problem solved !

Using a v-grip from my dealer, i was able to update the DF firmware to 1.59 and it fixed the problem !

i didn't find anything about this firmware on the pose one website... but it works well !
Could you explain about the role of the V-grip in updating firmware in either the DF body or the DM33 back?

Gary

yaya

Could you explain about the role of the V-grip in updating firmware in either the DF body or the DM33 back?

Gary
The V-Grip allows you to update the body firmware using a mini USB cable and the Firmware Updater: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Download/Camera-Firmware/DF-IX.aspx

The back can be updated by connecting it to Leaf Capture or Capture One. If there is a version available which is newer than the one installed it will advise and update automatically.