The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H5D-50c WiFi

dave.gt

For a long time Leica M user, this is a monster camera that produces amazing images! Absolutely loving it! The learning curve has been much easier than I thought.

Except for the WiFi. My first day that I tried it... the iPhone was a bit slow picking up on the wifi and not consistent. That was less than a week ago. Then it was sketchy whether or not the wifi was communicating with the iPhone. The last two days, I get no hook up between the two at all. The iPhone takes a long time to show it in the settings with a check mark but there is no connection with the back now.

What am I doing wrong? Is it the old iphone5 we have?

Last edited:

dave.gt

We are 72 hours away from our first pro bono photo shoot at a local hospital. If anyone knows of a solution or workaround, it would be greatly appreciated!:)

Edit:

Ten minutes after my second post, I turned on the iPhone and camera and got no connection. Took a few test shots, nothing. Then exited from Phocus, went back and the wifi was showing up. One press on the the screen and the images in the CF card immediately came on.

Is there a small battery in the back that may need changing?

Last edited:

dave.gt

And now, 15 minutes later, it works perfectly...

I presume there is a small rechargeable battery in the back. If anyone has a clue, please let me know. At the moment, it works fine!:):):)

dave.gt

Can't believe that, I am using it with an iPhone4 and a 7 year old iPad without any issues.

Regards, Udo
Udo,

The problem has been found. This morning, we will update the firmware. It shows we have 3.2.6, but we need 3.2.10 which is the latest firmware with the wifi update.

Thank you for the heads up on the older version of Phocus, I just installed it on our old Ipad2....:). It works perfectly and will be a tremendous asset for my photo shoot tomorrow.

Last edited:

dave.gt

Wow!!

These updated firmware fixed THAT!!!!

Capture Integration must have added a turbo charger, it is amazing to use! No more waiting around, no more wondering what is going on. It is wonderful to use on the Ipad and the iPhone!:thumbs:

Last edited: