The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Profiles in C1

tjv

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is an updated document explaining the intention and effect of the different colour and curve profiles offered in C1 for Credo backs?

I've bought several books but they aren't explained, and the most helpful has been this document from 2010:

http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/assets/files/documentation/techbull_leaf_image_profiles.pdf

Has anything changed with C1 v10?

The more I use my Credo 60 the more I like the colour and feel confident editing to get what I want, but it would be good to know a bit more detail here to make sure I'm setting the best base profile and curve for end result, without inadvertently countering what they're designed to achieve.

Thanks.

T

aztwang

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is an updated document explaining the intention and effect of the different colour and curve profiles offered in C1 for Credo backs?

I've bought several books but they aren't explained, and the most helpful has been this document from 2010:

http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/assets/files/documentation/techbull_leaf_image_profiles.pdf

Has anything changed with C1 v10?

The more I use my Credo 60 the more I like the colour and feel confident editing to get what I want, but it would be good to know a bit more detail here to make sure I'm setting the best base profile and curve for end result, without inadvertently countering what they're designed to achieve.

Thanks.

T
This PDF is great. Been wanting this info for a long time.

Cheers

Don

Paul2660

The leaf colors are excellent, one of the possible reasons that P1 allows a similar Leaf profile for the P1 CMOS backs.

Paul Caldwell

Frederic

While a good move from P1 (providing CMOS users with Leaf profiles) I don't think they look anything like the 'real thing' when compared to the colors you get with Aptus or Credo backs.

For instance there are some really strange and strong hue shifts in the blues when you push saturation. The Product profile has a weird red cast to it, along the neutral axis up to the whites. And so on...
The only one I'm using frequently is the 'LF5 Prophoto RGB'. It's very close to the genuine version.

I've to admit the IQ3100 default profiles are pretty good compared to the results I got with my IQ260. The portrait one looks like it was heavily inspired by Leaf, and I end up using it a lot.

To sum it up, P1 made a lot of progress IMHO, but please give me an option to get my beloved Aptus Product 4 colors back !! :)

Last edited:

yaya

Frederic if you're using the Leaf profiles on your IQ make sure you leave the Curve set to Default, that way it picks up the original Leaf Develop curve and doesn't try to apply another one on top

HTH

Yair

aztwang

Frederic if you're using the Leaf profiles on your IQ make sure you leave the Curve set to Default, that way it picks up the original Leaf Develop curve and doesn't try to apply another one on top

HTH

Yair
I saw your reply. How or where do you leave Curve set to default?

tjv

I wish I could see some visual representations of the different leaf profile specific curves, e.g. Product and Portrait curves, just so I could get a handle on how to approximate the looks when manually modifying a linear curve but trying to achieve something specific. I'm not very good at C1 because I find the the way it works quite frustrating at times and get impatient, in that it's a powerful and highly customisable bit of software but at the same time quite unintuitive in the way it works. I'm proficient and confident with Lightroom and I'd like to make more use of C1 to get the absolute best from my Credo.